Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Rob Luyando 7 weeks out XPC Coalition does 4 singles with 1000+lbs!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Rob has been doing it for a long time. Very intense dude, but a good guy. He has shirt benching down to a science.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Rob has been doing it for a long time. Very intense dude, but a good guy. He has shirt benching down to a science.

Agreed..... every time I get to train with him I come away better from it. If he ever does another bench seminar every one of you needs to cash in a 401k to go, it's worth it.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Agreed..... every time I get to train with him I come away better from it. If he ever does another bench seminar every one of you needs to cash in a 401k to go, it's worth it.

Great to hear PLK, with you and Hawk giving it that kind of weight I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open I'd love to hear him!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
The only issue Rob and I have is he is a gear whore and he tells you you have to "live in the shirt". He is a bench technician. Me? I am a raw dog and a lot of stuff Rob does, doesn't necessarily correlate out to benefit as much. But Rob still knows his shit, from gear, to gas, to making weight....an excellent resource for powerlifting.

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
I have had the opportunity to train with Rob at is home gym. I met Rob through another Bencher, Roger Ryan. I just need to get off my as and train more frequently with these two.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011

He is from what I have seen the most respected and sought out Bencher in the sport, everyone just about that is anyone has gotten help from him.

What I'm saying is some of the best lifters I know like Hoss and Mark Bell has learned from him and these are guys a person like I learn off so to see them have to pick his brain say a lot!

Last edited:
SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
The only issue Rob and I have is he is a gear whore and he tells you you have to "live in the shirt". He is a bench technician. Me? I am a raw dog and a lot of stuff Rob does, doesn't necessarily correlate out to benefit as much. But Rob still knows his shit, from gear, to gas, to making weight....an excellent resource for powerlifting.

2 entirely different lifts!

But even for a shirted bencher most can not live in the shirt it's too damn taxing most are every other week some once a month but every time sucks, I did it for months.

Now a guy like him and his perfection will exert less then the rest of us, the shirt is an asshole!

He is doing things most will never do he is a badass!

Last edited:
hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Yup, Rob has changed his tactics a bit since I trained with him with Team Carpenter. He always would tell me "you gotta live in the shirt." BUT he (as you can see is taking more raw presses) staying out of the shirt a bit more. I think even Rob has evolved. The Overkill has been good to him. Rob is an intense guy. He either seems to like you or he doesn't. I think too, you better be ready to get under the bar or get out of the way. I can remember many of time someone would take too long messing with their shirt, straps or etc, and Rob would just tell them to get the hell out of the way. LOL.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic