Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Road to recovery, 1750 total, and 12%bf

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Everyone seems to want to be in the 275 class......including me. For your knees, try doing prehab work in a pool. It'll make a difference.

Thanks BI. I've been running GH alongside TB500, and getting prolotherapy on both knees. My prehab/rehab work as been, up until a month ago, just not squatting and not aggravating the injuries. Starting a month ago, I decided to start doing bodyweight squats, then the next week squats with the bar, then the next week squats with 135. Earlier this week I walked into the gym and was GOING to see how some heavier singles felt, but I wound up just getting stupid because my knees felt so good. I pause squatted, to depth, 535, without pain while lifting. I was inflamed later that night, but all in all, I was very happy with that.

I'm really counting on the prolotherapy/PRP therapy in addition to growth and tb500 to help me continue my comeback as pain-free as possible.

Nice brotha..,.!

I'm in...good luck, get those knees on the mend.

Thanks guys.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Along for the ride. Good luck man, I hope your knees feel better.

Progress photos would be awesome.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Along for the ride. Good luck man, I hope your knees feel better.

Progress photos would be awesome.

I'm a little concerned about anonymity, but I'll see what I can do.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I'm a little concerned about anonymity, but I'll see what I can do.

I completely understand where you are coming from.

No pressure man.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I'm still a powerlifter and if I didn't write "ish" enough times, I need to go back and do that, lol. I will never actually use calipers or a bodpod so I'll never know my true %. Just looking for a certain look and health level. That's it. Also, crunch those numbers for me on here so I can see them. I have trouble believing I would need to drop 70 pounds of fat to be 12%.

Well, I am speaking generally, and was more trying to prepare you for the mental game of looking at the scale vs how you feel vs body fat. Each one has its own threshold, and many times they're lower than what we assume from the start.

I'll shoot you a PM for the rest.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Here is my advice with all of the experience i Have from cutting. Don't get hung up on a certain weight if your goal is a certain body fat. Here is why. I did some calculations based on your pics, guesstimating body fat, and came up with the fact that you will need to be between 240-245 to be 12%. When I did my first hard cut, I got waaaaay lower than I thought I would need to be. Over and over, I see guys ending up the same way because they underestimate how much they need to shed.

This isn't to discourage you or try to insult you etc. This is simply to help you be mentally ready if you need to dip below 275lbs, which you most likely will. When I dropped to 8% my first time a couple years ago, I went from 234lbs to 193!! I thought my head was going to explode. Never thought I would have to get under 200 and that was a really hard thing for me to do.

SAD I encourage you wholeheartedly but I have to concur with my esteemed colleague forget about the #'s all together is my opinion and just go for the look you want, the percentages and or the #'s are a dissolution many times...................you are going to be SMALL like the rest of us HA-HA:eek:

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
SAD I encourage you wholeheartedly but I have to concur with my esteemed colleague forget about the #'s all together is my opinion and just go for the look you want, the percentages and or the #'s are a dissolution many times...................you are going to be SMALL like the rest of us HA-HA:eek:

Lol, I'll never be 200 pounds of small again, lol. The weight number is the one I will have to pay attention to because I highly doubt that I can make 242 and not lose a ton of strength, so 275 will be my weight class. I'm 305 this morning and I can legitimately see abs, so I think 275 will be awesome no matter what bodyfat I'm at.

Shortz- 30% is a huge stretch. I have a really wide waist and protruding belly due to force feeding, but the layers of thick fat just aren't there for me to be 30%. Damnit, looks like I'll have to go get a bodyfat test done.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Here is my advice with all of the experience i Have from cutting. Don't get hung up on a certain weight if your goal is a certain body fat. Here is why. I did some calculations based on your pics, guesstimating body fat, and came up with the fact that you will need to be between 240-245 to be 12%. When I did my first hard cut, I got waaaaay lower than I thought I would need to be. Over and over, I see guys ending up the same way because they underestimate how much they need to shed.

This isn't to discourage you or try to insult you etc. This is simply to help you be mentally ready if you need to dip below 275lbs, which you most likely will. When I dropped to 8% my first time a couple years ago, I went from 234lbs to 193!! I thought my head was going to explode. Never thought I would have to get under 200 and that was a really hard thing for me to do.

Hey guys just wanted to add this. The reason you see powerlifters watching their weight number is because we have to be a certain weight for the classes.

SAD wants to be a 275er, so he needs to watch the scale to see how far he is from making the 275 weight class.

You can't be a pound over 275, and you can't be less than 243, or 260 in the fed I compete in.

This is why you are hearing SAD talk about numbers.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Hey guys just wanted to add this. The reason you see powerlifters watching their weight number is because we have to be a certain weight for the classes.

SAD wants to be a 275er, so he needs to watch the scale to see how far he is from making the 275 weight class.

You can't be a pound over 275, and you can't be less than 243, or 260 in the fed I compete in.

We are aware. He mentioned his knees, and I am sure just wants to feel better. He never did mention he wanted to stay at the 275 weight class, just that's the number he was shooting for. In one of my other replies, I mentioned that how you feel, body fat, and weight might be all different. For instance, he might still feel rough at 275, or he might feel better at 275, but he still feels his body fat is too high etc. They might not all be relative to one weight.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

180px-Capt._Obvious.jpg

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Lol, I'll never be 200 pounds of small again, lol. The weight number is the one I will have to pay attention to because I highly doubt that I can make 242 and not lose a ton of strength, so 275 will be my weight class. I'm 305 this morning and I can legitimately see abs, so I think 275 will be awesome no matter what bodyfat I'm at.

Shortz- 30% is a huge stretch. I have a really wide waist and protruding belly due to force feeding, but the layers of thick fat just aren't there for me to be 30%. Damnit, looks like I'll have to go get a bodyfat test done.

LOL believe me I will never be under 200 either, but Shortz is onto something 30% is easy to do, the bf test may surprise you so don't feel bad if it is higher than you are expecting bro.
The vast majority of fat on me is stored between my ears.:eek:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic