Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

RIP Jimmy Buffett

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Nooooo! A pirate looks at 40 is probably my favorite.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Loved by millions and will be missed
I worked at a huge progressive country club in 1977-78 where Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Refer Band played frequently. The owner of the club ask me to take some cases of Lone Star Beer out to Buffett's tour bus. Of course Buffett was there and asked me to stay with them and party. Lots of pot and a huge mound of cocaine on the table. Of course I had to get back to work. I did get to briefly meet Buffett and always thought he was a very down to earth person and also a great musical talent. RIP

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Guy was a legend! He will be surely missed. I love his music:(

When I was driving down to Los Angeles every day for school many years back, i'd listen to "Come Monday" every Monday on my way home.

Was he suffering from any illnesses?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
The news said he had been diagnosed year ago with skin cancer that turned into lymphoma.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
“In 2023, as the world bid farewell to the iconic musician Jimmy Buffett, many pondered over his legacy, both in music and wealth. At the time of his passing, Jimmy Buffett was worth an astonishing $1 billion.”

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
“In 2023, as the world bid farewell to the iconic musician Jimmy Buffett, many pondered over his legacy, both in music and wealth. At the time of his passing, Jimmy Buffett was worth an astonishing $1 billion.”

Holy FUKK! Jimmy was worth a billion?!?!:eek:

I really had no idea, but that is cool as hell.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Great music and a very smart businessman made himself a lot of money but unfortunately none of us get out of here alive.

I can think of dozens of other "musical artists" I would much rather take his place.

That my friend is a loss. Rest in peace

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
He also wrote a couple of books. I enjoyed the books actually. they were like him telling stories LOL.
He was also a pilot, he flew a water plane or a plane that lands on water. I read "Where is Joe Merchant" and a "Pirate looks at 50".

This is really sad for me, but husband hates Jimmy lol. He says it all sounds the same lol.
I enjoy the music and his voice.....RIP. So sad.

Yea and his name is everywhere! We went to margaritaville in Jamaica....although at the time they were not playing his music, but some rap songs LOL.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
He also licensed the Margaritaville for a number of all-inclusive resorts, as well as restaurants. Did a great job monetizing his classic hit. Plus, his music was timeless and just plain fun.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic