Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Recovering from gallbladder surgery

B

Bongweiner

Oct 5, 2015
I haven't worked out since a year. Been sick for a long time and couldn't figure it out. Ends up being my gallbladder. This on top of sleep apnea it pretty much done me in. Making efforts now to get back to the gym.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Was your gallbladder surgery a year ago or did you just have surgery after a year?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I haven't worked out since a year. Been sick for a long time and couldn't figure it out. Ends up being my gallbladder. This on top of sleep apnea it pretty much done me in. Making efforts now to get back to the gym.

Yeah like LK is asking where are you with this stuff? Have you done the sleep study and do you have a cpap? Has the gallbladder come out yet?

The gallbladder surgery you will actually bounce back quick from unless there are complications. And once you get hooked up to the cpap your sleep will be amazing. You will feel like a new man.

Getting started in the gym after all that will be great for you. You will feel good and be able to put all that crap behind you. Whatever you lost in your time off will come back fast and then some

B

Bongweiner

Oct 5, 2015
Yeah bro... I've recovered for the most part on the surgery. Sleep apnea I've had two sleep studies and a cpap machine and a bipap. Nothing is working. I can for the most part stay awake while I drive but if I had a bad night its almost guarantee I will fall asleep at the wheel. My wife is with me while I drive to wake me up. Doc wrote that I'm not to drive. I'm the worse case they've seen. They said my snoring was obnoxious. The report read that I was waking up every 30 seconds. Never got REM sleep. I'm better today but not by much.

B

Bongweiner

Oct 5, 2015
This bullshit has done a number on me. I had been training for the last 8 years bulking up to get back on stage. I guess I can kiss that accomplishment good bye. My goal weight was 250. I got to the lower 240's and then my health took a shit. Really sucks for sure.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
The Bright Side: At least your username is dope.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Sorry, that last response is bordering the edge of being a dick. POB hit the nail on the head. Keep trying to fix your weaknesses - research and get with different docs to find what works for you. If you're the only case in history who's had it this bad your perseverance might be what helps those with less severe problems - if the stage isn't a realistic option, you could always help those who want to get on stage by sharing your knowledge. Maybe even make some bread while doing it...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic