Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Recomp or Cut more? Where to go from here.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
If he is on a ketogenic diet (which he is) his carbs are not too low. They are about right, or even too high. If anything is too low it is his fats.

I think he has not cut Kcals enough. OP: I would continue to cut Kcals another 200Kcals per day for a couple weeks and even further if weight loss does not start up. I have my Kcals down to 1800 per day and I am losing 1 lb of weight per week.

I also agree with the occasional refeed day, but not once per week because that will take him out of ketogenesis and it will take another few days to get back in. On ketogenic diet re-feeds with carbs should be once per month or fewer, IMO.

I might have missed it but not sure where he said he was doing keto diet. If he is I totally agree with you but even so, he'd need to up his fats and cut his protein down a bit.

If he's not on a keto diet he might get better results with more carbs and more frequent refeeds than once a month to prevent down-regulation of leptin and ghrelin.

SuperBane

SuperBane

Jun 29, 2013
The diet is pretty much Dave palumbo's version of a keto.

I believe the protein is so high to counter muscle wasting. Not sure if there is any actual studies to support this theory.

I will say I am flat until I have that carb meal.

After cheating so much for the fourth of Jul weekend my muscles are nice and full.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
You have oatmeal and rice used in one sentence like there equal.. Then yogurt and brown rice... Those are completely different on the GI scale... To me carbs are not on/off it's using the correct carbs at the right time...

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
You have oatmeal and rice used in one sentence like there equal.. Then yogurt and brown rice... Those are completely different on the GI scale... To me carbs are not on/off it's using the correct carbs at the right time...

Why is the GI scale important if OP is not diabetic or eating carbs in isolation?

SuperBane

SuperBane

Jun 29, 2013
Steel cut oats and brown rice are similar on the go scale no?

Honestly I did better with just Greek yogurts and cream of wheat.

When I tried low fat higher carbs I incorporated all of the above as well as baked sweet potatoes.
Lots of baked sweet potatoes.

Fellas please don't get me wrong. This isn't I tried something for a month then it wasn't moving quick enough and decided to switch again. No I have been doing this. The above diet I posted has worked well up to this point.

I will post my older carb diet later or tmrw.

I have a pic from a year and half ago that I'd like to compare if I can get back down to 229
Then I will be able to tell how much muscle I have gained along the course of time.

Again thank you for your response s

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I was just adding to the thread I agree with the previous post about breaking from the diet for a minute or carb cycling.. I was just saying carbs don't have to be on/off you can lose over time or maintain... Calories in calories out.
you don't have to be diebetic to have a healthy diet.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I might have missed it but not sure where he said he was doing keto diet. If he is I totally agree with you but even so, he'd need to up his fats and cut his protein down a bit.

If he's not on a keto diet he might get better results with more carbs and more frequent refeeds than once a month to prevent down-regulation of leptin and ghrelin.

If you read his menu and his macros (below 40g of carbs each day, plenty of protein and 100+ g of fat), it is a classic keto diet. If he were not on a keto diet, I would agree with you 100% on adding more carbs.

SB: Having read through all of the posts a third time, I am thinking (like I started to say before) your fats are too low so you should increase the fats toward 130g or even 150g and lower the kcals gradually going forward.

Last edited:
SuperBane

SuperBane

Jun 29, 2013
If you read his menu and his macros (below 40g of carbs each day, plenty of protein and 100+ g of fat), it is a classic keto diet. If he were not on a keto diet, I would agree with you 100% on adding more carbs.

SB: Having read through all of the posts a third time, I am thinking (like I started to say before) your fats are too low so you should increase the fats toward 130g or even 150g and lower the kcals gradually going forward.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

All things considering do you believe doing what you stated and sticking to a keto style diet will be better suited than carb backloading which begins like a keto the first ten days yet has you slamming high GI carbs post workout?

I'm thinking dropping down to 2290 calories.

Thanks.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

All things considering do you believe doing what you stated and sticking to a keto style diet will be better suited than carb backloading which begins like a keto the first ten days yet has you slamming high GI carbs post workout?

I'm thinking dropping down to 2290 calories.

Thanks.

I have never tried carb backloading, but it sounds complicated and hard to manage if you are cutting.

I think you have made excellent progress so far on your cut, so why stop if your goal is to see your abs? Instead I think you should double down on the keto diet and tighten it up. Cutting your Kcals further is a good step. I would also be very precise in measuring and logging everything you eat so you stay right on track. You would be surprised how much over your kcals a couple extra snacks can put you and with the weighing and logging you keep yourself accountable.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic