Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Rear deltoids with back workout?

alexschool

alexschool

Sep 12, 2010
Does anyone else do rear delts with back workout as opposed to chest/shoulders? I know they're technically part of the shoulder muscles, but they seem to correspond more with back exercises than they do with shoulders. and also, will working rear deltoids on a different day than anterior and lateral delts create an imbalance of some sort?

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I've always liked to train front/side delts after chest and rear delts/traps after back. Then I take a day off which usually is Wednesday and then do legs on Thursday and Arms on Friday.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I've always worked mine with back. It seems for me this works out better as for an inbalance in muscle not to sure on that one. I think I'm pretty balanced with mine and I wouldn't think so but again not sure on that one. Good question I've thought about this one before.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
ABout a year ago, I switched to doing rear delts twice/week.

First is on back day, I typically do cables in between working sets to implement "active rest" but it's all burnout high rep shit and then on legs day, same concept but I focus on Dumbbells opposed to cables and go heavy.....I love the way that they came in....made a huge difference IMO and helped BB rows.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
ABout a year ago, I switched to doing rear delts twice/week.

First is on back day, I typically do cables in between working sets to implement "active rest" but it's all burnout high rep shit and then on legs day, same concept but I focus on Dumbbells opposed to cables and go heavy.....I love the way that they came in....made a huge difference IMO and helped BB rows.

Sounds like a good plan to me!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
It's actually one of my body parts that I focused on because I saw immediate results where I had a deficiency.....makes the shoulders and tri's look bigger.....feels like I have a couple bananas hanging off when I do a double bicep/back pose.

Legs, rear delts and shrugs I'll do twice/week.....at least 2 out of the 3 are done twice depending on scheduling and time.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
I am with Rein....Front and side with chest and rears with lats/traps.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I like to hit the rear delts when I train shoulders.

mixing it up is always good.. but as a rule I find I can hit them harder on shoulder day..

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I like going 4 days per week to the gym. I feel it offers the best of both worlds. Growth and recovery. A 5 day split though works the best IMO but I prefer it when I am on cycle.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I've always liked to hit mine on back day but it varies. If I exhausted after back is done I just hit them on shoulder day. I like having that flexibility. At the end of the day it all comes down to preference IMO.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
One thing I have been doing lately is hitting rear delts first on back day....There is something about rear delts.....nothing looks cooler than good rear delts. Well maybe not anything.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I do shoulders and traps together when I do shoulders one week I will only use dumbells the next week I use machines just found it easy on my shoulders

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic