Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Really thinking of Getting into Power Lifting

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Well Digging up an old thread... I'm glad I got into Powerlifting. By the end of 2013 I set the APA Records for my Class in all lifts. Some guy beat me on Squats last year.. So I'm working on taking it back. 2013 was a Good year. Hoping to over come a few things and make 2015 even better.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Well Digging up an old thread... I'm glad I got into Powerlifting. By the end of 2013 I set the APA Records for my Class in all lifts. Some guy beat me on Squats last year.. So I'm working on taking it back. 2013 was a Good year. Hoping to over come a few things and make 2015 even better.
Glad to see you back, Ramrod! Will you be starting up your training log here on the Den? Or do I have to get a Bodybuilding.com login to follow your log there? :)

And yeah, that's cool about the APA records. That's a competitive federation. There's a gym that hosts APA meets in Michigan, that I'm going to try and compete in next year. The American Records for the Raw 132 weight class are a bit out of my reach (thanks to Hennis Washington & Richard Hawthorne .. dang!), but I'll be looking to break/set some state (ooooh!!!) records in the 132lb. Open. :p

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Sounds like you made a good go of it, well done. Onwards and upwards.

Personally I always found my biggest driver was competing against myself, setting PB's for my raw total and individual lifts was all I needed. Always good to win but like Chris pointed out that's not always going to happen. All the best for the remainder of the year MF.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Glad to see you back, Ramrod! Will you be starting up your training log here on the Den? Or do I have to get a Bodybuilding.com login to follow your log there? :)

And yeah, that's cool about the APA records. That's a competitive federation. There's a gym that hosts APA meets in Michigan, that I'm going to try and compete in next year. The American Records for the Raw 132 weight class are a bit out of my reach (thanks to Hennis Washington & Richard Hawthorne .. dang!), but I'll be looking to break/set some state (ooooh!!!) records in the 132lb. Open. :p

BB.com lol... Funny.. That place is just a freaking mess. Ya going to start my log back up here for sure... Just getting back into things and it's moving along pretty good. Life has been crazy the last year. Didn't get to train like I wanted to.

Sounds like you made a good go of it, well done. Onwards and upwards.

Personally I always found my biggest driver was competing against myself, setting PB's for my raw total and individual lifts was all I needed. Always good to win but like Chris pointed out that's not always going to happen. All the best for the remainder of the year MF.

Beating my own PR's will always be my biggest drive... Specially right now. I have almost had to start all over.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Ive been powerlifting for about a little over a year now, and its seriously one of the best sports I've ever competed in. I did my first comp last october and totaled 1210 in the 181 class, the last meet I competed in I totaled 1361 at 165. Even though I didn't do as well as I wanted my first meet I had so much fun that it made me hungry to get back in the gym and train even harder to achieve the goals that I set. Another thing that I quickly noticed after competing in a few meets is that even though you're competing against other guys, its almost as if you were all part of the same team. Everyone motivates each other and congratulates each other after each lift and even offer words of encouragement after missed lifts. I highly encourage you to give it a shot and pretty much guarantee that you'l love it as much as I know most of us do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic