Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Ready for a change

S

Silver

Dec 7, 2014
Hello

I'm a total novice to this. Not really knowing the difference between 'Transformation', 'build muscles' and 'losing fat'. Well I think I know the last one. Anyway, have been eating a keto diet for past 5 months but want to build muscle and build strength. Suffering from depression and really think this would help if I can get motivated enough to start. At present, I've stopped doing everything, and signed off sick and stay in all day. A far cry from the real me.

I can't really afford to join a gym and was wondering if I could start training from home? Any advice greatly appreciated.

I have no idea which exercises to do, how often etc......

I want to feel strong, look toned but not bulky.

Thank you in advance.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
There are many things you can do from home however you may have to add some carbs to your diet to build muscle. What are your goals?

Welcome to the iron den.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Silver, welcome to TID. Admin is right on getting some healthy carbs in your system. On an emotional level, I would recommend on setting some short term goals, and some long terms goals, to give you some focus on your training. Getting a few "W"s under your belt will give you a boost, and provide you some motivation on the long term goals.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome to the Den bro. Many of us started out where you are right now, and some of us have seen amazing changes in our lives. It takes putting one foot in front of the other, day after day and not giving up.

TID is a great place to learn what you need to get to your goals. But to do so, more than anything else, you must be persistent!

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
welcome Silver, will get you changed over to a female member :)

I'm sure many will come along and give some great suggestions....please stick around, there is plenty to be learned. :)

Maybe start a thread in the training section more peeps will see it :)

B

bossman

Sep 26, 2014
Welcome bro. i hope things get better in regards to the depression, which i have been suffering with a bit too.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Welcome aboard ! Lots of useful training and diet information here ... Don't hesitate to ask questions .. That's the best way to learn

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic