Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Rank these in order of importance for a bodybuilder?

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
the people who put drugs last are bullshitting themselves IMO.

there is no natural way of achieving a true bodybuilder's physique. but people like to believe that their hardwork or natural genetics are what got them big.

the fact that we have tons of dudes hitting 300lbs and more now (unlike in the 70s) is not because of genetics it's because people are guzzling hormones and peptides (and food).

Maybe but in the 70's and 80's nobody had even seen a 300lb bodybuilder nor did people even think it possible , it's like all the famous barriers in sport until people see a benchmark broken it's mythical, like the sub 4 minute mile nowadays it's commonplace for even club runners . Add to this that in the seventies BB was a sport for outcasts and freaks or at best failed football players it couldn't exactly draw from the best gene pool as it wasn't ever a serious option for athletes .

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Just remember that the way a body responds to drugs is also a genetic factor. Most people will not look like Mr Olympia reguardless of how many drugs they take. IMO genetics over drugs but both are necessary.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Maybe but in the 70's and 80's nobody had even seen a 300lb bodybuilder nor did people even think it possible , it's like all the famous barriers in sport until people see a benchmark broken it's mythical, like the sub 4 minute mile nowadays it's commonplace for even club runners . Add to this that in the seventies BB was a sport for outcasts and freaks or at best failed football players it couldn't exactly draw from the best gene pool as it wasn't ever a serious option for athletes .

Early BBers didn't use Hgh and slin either.

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
I'm a firm believer that this depends on weather you want to be natty or not because the drugs will change your genetics I have seen this myself.
Natty:
1.genetics of course better genes give a better foundation.
2. I believe diet and training are 50/50 here. But this still depends on specific goals.

Un-natural:
1. Drugs
2. Diet
3. Training
4. Genes

Now this is very goal dependent also but to pack on pounds of muscle this is my belief. I put drugs as number 1. Because you should know everything about them before you use them so if you decide to then that's going to be the number one priority. I don't want people to think the drugs aren't a serious deal by making them 3 because they can be dangerous as we all know.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
1. Genetics
2. Drugs
3. Training
4. Diet

HGH, T3 and Thermogenics can really compensate for shit eating (as long as sufficient protein is ingested daily). Genetics trumps all. Drugs can make even the worst lifters bigger temporarily, think of all the "on cycle" heroes who disappear from the gym when off.

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Ya I felt like that was becoming me that's why I stopped the gear for good. I felt like when I was between cycles my passion for the gym was gone and that's where I drew the line.

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Feb 14, 2013
Drugs
Diet & Nutrition
Genetics
Training

You already have them listed in order from most important to least. I haven't even lifted since May just kept cruisin/dieting and I still have the same physique.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
Genetics
Diet & Nutrition
Drugs
Training

As for me , since my genetics arent great :

Diet & Nutrition
Drugs
Training
Genetics

Can I put up Drugs 2x ?????:)>-

Last edited:
jks1

jks1

Aug 30, 2015
If you're talking about joining the ranks of professional 'making a living from it full time' competitive bodybuilding then its:

1. genetics
2. drugs
3. training
4. nutrition

If you're talking about doing it simply to improve your physique and overall quality of life then its:

1. training
2. lifestyle nutrition
3. genetics
4. drugs (completely unnecessary if youre not planning on competing with the pros)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic