Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz

question for powerlifters

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
Hey powerlifters out there,what are you guys eating pre and postworkout.I know the diet powerlifters are on are different but i try very hard to eat clean and stay somewhat lean.just looking for some freh ideas.Eating tons of chicken eggs sweetpotatoes spinach oatmeal fruit and almond butter,flaxseed for fat.thanks guys

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
I really dont eat much differently PLing than I did when I trained for BBing... Most of the guys I train are very conscious of their weight as well because they want to be as competitive as they can... We have one guy on the team who competes at 181 but floats just under 200lbs much of the rest of the time... Works for him I guess, as hes ranked on the all time list in the top 20 (and won best lifter at worlds last year, submaster!) but I like to stay within 5-10 lbs of my goal weight...

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
it depends on a lot of things..... I can eat before I bench, but I can't really eat much before I squat or deadlift heavy. Always a shake and some fruit, sometimes a few eggs or peanut butter..... but that's it.

After workouts is where powerlifting and bodybuilding part ways. My post workout supplement is Golden Corral. Even the 198-ers eat close to that.....

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
Most guys on our team eat pretty much anything.. I hover around 192, and drop to 181 to compete.. Our 275er just totaled 2500 a few weeks ago..

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Most guys on our team eat pretty much anything.. I hover around 192, and drop to 181 to compete.. Our 275er just totaled 2500 a few weeks ago..

what fed?

I was close to that mark in the APF but keep feeling like I could have ht it UPA or SPF with looser judging..... higher weight class though.....

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I eat rice and meat because I want to feel good training or spaghetti something with carbs Powerlifting and low to no cabs is not Powerlifting you need the energy to train and the intensity calls for ENERGY. If it's morning it's a shake of Oats, milk and a casein powder with a little whey in it

I'm not the cleanest eater but pre I eat clean so I don't feel like shit.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
it depends on a lot of things..... I can eat before I bench, but I can't really eat much before I squat or deadlift heavy. Always a shake and some fruit, sometimes a few eggs or peanut butter..... but that's it.

After workouts is where powerlifting and bodybuilding part ways. My post workout supplement is Golden Corral. Even the 198-ers eat close to that.....

I try to eat 2 hours prior because of this 1.5 at the soonest.

I have had bad Oat shake days because of drinking it too damn soon not good at all.

But I too have to keep it clean and I'm not a that clean of an eater but I hate feeling like food crap training.

Have you ever had pepperoni pizza prior it sucks sucks bad lol or some real spicy Mexican?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Honestly, I cannot eat too much...and have to do it probably 2 hours out. I would be puking or sitting on the toilet instead of training. But I like eggs, PB, and oats and stuff like that. I think the less sugar you intake the better. It jacks with your insulin levels and I seem to crash hard with sugary stuff.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Well excessive sugar intake creates and furthers metabolic syndrome. I have to disagree about low carb dieting not being applicable to powerlifting, a pure ketogenic diet, sure it can't be done successfully, but it can be done with CKD.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I try to eat 2 hours prior because of this 1.5 at the soonest.

I have had bad Oat shake days because of drinking it too damn soon not good at all.

But I too have to keep it clean and I'm not a that clean of an eater but I hate feeling like food crap training.

Have you ever had pepperoni pizza prior it sucks sucks bad lol or some real spicy Mexican?

I've done a few meets where the only food available at the meet site was supreme pizza or greasy ass burgers.... I usually eat after squat and/or before deadlift..... it's brutal to be belching that up for the rest of the meet.....

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
pre workout considering i train like 10mins right after getting up from bedtime..I drink coffie wile im training..I eat after...Thats the way i roll....dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic