Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Protein/Supplement help needed ASAP

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I exclusively use proteins from Nutrabio. All products very high quality. Im hooked on their grass fed beef protein. With that said protein prices are up what 40-50% in the last year .... WTF
My guess is none of the people anyone is mentioning actually manufacture any of the proteins they sell. There are only a small number of dairy whey producers in the US.

What the guys do is buy protein (hopefully US sourced) and mix it with other things. It comes in 20kg bags. I have lost my ability to source it direct, but there are several places you can buy from that essentially are repacking these in smaller batches.

Costs have actually come down. Whey peaked about 1 1/2 years ago when 'protein' was the new buzz word for every added ingredient in drinks...etc.

You should not need to pay more than 7-8$/lb. And yes, that is for the best protein that can be sourced. I have bought a few years back as cheap as $5/lb. But that was when I could get Glanbia direct.

bASj6aS.jpg
I bought 2 of these awhile back and then the large bags of Optimum Nutrition Vanilla and Chocolate and I a 1 scoop of unflavored to one scoop of the flavored and it tastes great to me, Chica makes pancakes and muffins etc with this in it all the time.
Stock up before the diesel shortage kicks in as well as the RR strike.........ha!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Protein demand has skyrocketed since COVID struck. With the scarcity of food around the world, people turned to protein supplements, which is great for the overall health of the world, but bad for us who live this lifestyle. Pretty much everyone was forced to raise their prices. As far as creatine, the creatine shortage comes from the facility that produced 80% of the world's creatine supply in China burning down. Again, driving the price up.

I don't think there is anyone out there that can match True Nutrition when it comes to flavors, but I have heard their customer service has gotten worse. Not Dante's fault, you are stuck with the employees you can hire. My wife is going through this right now. She has trained four new hires in five months, all incompetent who quit within a month. HR says it is the best they can do, as no one wants to work.

I was a member of RedCon1. Their flavors are pretty awesome. However, their quality control is garbage, they have massive logistical issues and their customer service sucks balls. Stay away. I am still waiting on some stuff from a fulfillment order from September.

I recently joined Mutant, but I have used their protein for a long time before I joined. Quality product and tastes great. Their products are third party tested and not by their buddies, like most that claim to be third party tested. Informed Choice, the company that does a lot of third party testing for the Olympics and MLB, does their third party testing. If you are military, veteran or first responder you get 25% off. If not, I can get you 20% off.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
When you say you "Joined Mutant", do you mean as an "Ambassador" or similar?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
As far as creatine, the creatine shortage comes from the facility that produced 80% of the world's creatine supply in China burning down. Again, driving the price up.
Off topic, but creatine is so cheap, no reason to buy "Chinese" creatine. I only buy Creapure (which is German produced and has the highest quality standards in the industry.) It is the one used in most of the studies...etc because it is actually produced with the highest quality control standards in the industry.

6 months supply is like $30. Not sure how much 'saving' can be had with an off brand and why it would even be worth it?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Off topic, but creatine is so cheap, no reason to buy "Chinese" creatine. I only buy Creapure (which is German produced and has the highest quality standards in the industry.) It is the one used in most of the studies...etc because it is actually produced with the highest quality control standards in the industry.

6 months supply is like $30. Not sure how much 'saving' can be had with an off brand and why it would even be worth it?
Do you know a place selling it for cheap?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Do you know a place selling it for cheap?

BMJ

Just did a quick search and the brand I normally pick up is not carried by Amazon at the moment. . They have a few Creapure brands. But honestly, if specific creapure is not available, any good monohydrate should be fine.

I have had very good luck with "Bulk Supplements" for years. They have a very good reputations. One of the times I bought my bulk whey from them , it actually came in orignal Glanbia packaging.

Anyway.... they have a 1000g mono they sell for $53 from amazon. So almost 7 month supply. I would not hesitate to buy from them with confidence they have sourced and tested product.

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
I like mp combat its 5 protein types including bcaa's whey protein concentrates, hydrolysates and isolates, egg albumin, and micellar casein. Because it has short and long-acting proteins you get less of a spike.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Before the RONA, I bought two tubs of Hi-Tech Creatine (1000 gram, 200 servings each) for 40.00. (20.00 a tub).

rttgh.png

It was on special (Best Price Nutrition), but those days are gone...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic