Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Protein/Supplement help needed ASAP

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Loyal trueprotein customer for 20+ years and now they are effectively out of the strength sports business. Deciding to shift their business model to instsnap followers and chase customers that actually lift weights. Not to mention using a third party that is notorious for selling info to get a paltry military discount. I need a new company to get my supps. Preferably customizable in terms of flavors and additives.
I had a great experience with wilderness athlete who actually values their service member customers and doesn’t make them jump through hoops.
unfortunately they don’t have everything I need.
I am going to be out of protein this week so urgent replies are needed.
thanks

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Are you referring to Dante's "True Nutrition" of the other place that's also in Australia "True Protein"?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Cant go wrong with NOW 100% unflavored isolate. Best protein available. US sourced from Glanbia.

You can buy it by the 10 lbs. Cheaper than most also.

Also have had very good luck with this seller on ebay. Bought several times. 15lbs for $115.

Have shown COA's and probably Glanbia as well. (only a few dairy whey producers in US).

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
@macgyver yes agreed. NOW 100% unflavored isolate, that’s why I’m using.

I like how NOW has been around for many years and they have a solid reputation.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Just saw your part about flavors..etc. Now and again, buy some flavored brands. (whatever I see on sale...etc) I will mix 1/2 scoop of those in at times just for flavor.

Or you can make your own flavoring. Things like vanilla and cholate are easy. Lots of options. If you are not cal restricted, then even more. But isolate has nothing else in it, and you can mix 2 full scoops in 8oz of fluid and it barely thickens it.

NOW has flavors and if flavors are of big importance, then you might consider going that route. There is no 'better' protein than cold process, micro filtered whey isolate and that is what both the ones I am suggesting are.

I always look at my protein buys as cost per gram of protein. And the more expensive ones are often better values as they have less fillers...etc.

In closing, ON 100% is hard to beat across the board. ON is owned by Glanbia. But it gets a little more expensive vs buying unflavored. But again, balancing out cost per gram and amount of servings, ON is actually a good deal.

Lots of cheaper pros use 'nitrogen spiking' to make their labels appear to more a value but they are brining up the protein with glutamine or other cheap proteins.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Cant go wrong with NOW 100% unflavored isolate. Best protein available. US sourced from Glanbia.

You can buy it by the 10 lbs. Cheaper than most also.

Also have had very good luck with this seller on ebay. Bought several times. 15lbs for $115.

Have shown COA's and probably Glanbia as well. (only a few dairy whey producers in US).

Thanks for sharing this man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Does NOW sell CONCENTRATE too? Price?

Fukk me, i'm not sure what is going on with TN...I thought they were their own manufacturer. I was getting concentrate for like $9/# like 2-3 months ago, and now it's like $15/#.........CONCENTRATE! I love Dante, and feel bad he has to charge these prices, but I can't afford that:( Not sure what is going on, maybe i'll ask him, he always has a legit reason. Isolate is $20/#:eek:

I'm going to have to change my diet big time....fukk.

AND FJB!

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Dante may have been surviving off of what stock he had. Now with the supply chain issues that we had, prices on all that stuff went up big-time.
(Creatine prices went thru the roof, etc).

That is only a guess on my part BTW.

Dante does make his own I believe, he also manufactures' for other lines, one of them is sold in Walmart and other big stores.
(Unsure which one it is, he just mentioned it in the past)...

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
I exclusively use proteins from Nutrabio. All products very high quality. Im hooked on their grass fed beef protein. With that said protein prices are up what 40-50% in the last year .... WTF

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
I exclusively use proteins from Nutrabio. All products very high quality. Im hooked on their grass fed beef protein. With that said protein prices are up what 40-50% in the last year .... WTF
NutraBio, an amazing company who also makes/manufactures their own supps. High quality...

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
the price increases suck for sure, but everything has gone way up so I can’t be too upset at him for that. I’m more turned off by the horrible customer service thats taken over the last few years. Also making me give all my personal information to a info harvester just to get a measly 5% discount.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
My guess is none of the people anyone is mentioning actually manufacture any of the proteins they sell. There are only a small number of dairy whey producers in the US.

What the guys do is buy protein (hopefully US sourced) and mix it with other things. It comes in 20kg bags. I have lost my ability to source it direct, but there are several places you can buy from that essentially are repacking these in smaller batches.

Costs have actually come down. Whey peaked about 1 1/2 years ago when 'protein' was the new buzz word for every added ingredient in drinks...etc.

You should not need to pay more than 7-8$/lb. And yes, that is for the best protein that can be sourced. I have bought a few years back as cheap as $5/lb. But that was when I could get Glanbia direct.

bASj6aS.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic