Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Protein from whey, or whole foods?

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Is it in the frozen section, or where the fresh meat is located?

It is by the fresh meat...not frozen........ailse 3...watch for the spilled milk on the floor tho...it's slippery:food-snacking:

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Powders are convenient for quick protein in a tight schedule but when given the choice, I would take whole food over powder for all of the reasons stated previously. Red meat, eggs, chicken, and tuna are actually comparable in price (if not cheaper) per gram than powder and you know exactly what you're consuming. No fillers. No processed shit. Not to mention the other nutrients and vitamins and such you're getting from whole foods that a synthetic powder won't have in it

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
I prefer real food because I love to eat.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I am going to go against the grain. I get quite a bit of my protein from whey. Close to 40% of a daily intake of aprox 250g.

It becomes very difficult consuming that much protein when you are trying to keep fats in check. (meaning you are running a tight caloric cap). It gets very tiring eating only chicken breast and a few other lean proteins after a while. Fish is an option, but I am not a big fan of fish.

If you are eating 100+g of fat a day....then no big deal. But eating less that that severely limits you to choices. I have stayed at or under 10% bf for a decent amount of time now. I am currently well under 10% and really the leanest I have ever been able to maintain in my life. (and not finding it difficult). BUT.....if I had to try to get my protein all from meats, that would be A LOT tougher.....and I would be gnawing away at chicken all day long.

So the second part is the type of protein you get. Stay away from crap proteins. Do a quick check and if what you are buying is less than 70% pro by weight, pass on it. (divide pro in serving by serving size). I go to the opposite and buy pure unflavored cold process, micro filtered whey isolate. It is 90% protein by weight, and has many many health benefits besides just providing protein. I dont care that it is bland.....I just add it to things....like yogurt or add some cinnamon and vanilla extract with some sweetener....etc. Sometimes, I just drink with water to round out a meal and hit my desired macros.

As far as cost goes....the price per gram of protein is not much different than buying good chicken (not juiced up 10% sodium solution crap) Actually the pure whey is slightly a better price.

I guess it all depends on goals. It is easy to select protein sources when you are not calorically limited. But if showing your muscle is as important as building it...... Wheys make it A LOT easier to hit desired macro levels without being limited to only a few meats.

CelluliteBurned

CelluliteBurned

Jun 24, 2015
Surely go to whole food as a source of protein. If u are financially unstable, this is the best option available.

T

Thirdwill

Oct 2, 2015
Anyone find any good protein food at Cub Foods?

Last edited:
G

gymrat827

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2012
Anyone find any good protein food at Cub Foods?

powder...?? no. buy real food there.

for whey get good shit. Do not buy the cheap crap, you need about 40-50g of whey after every workout. So if thats 5 days a wk, dont cheat yourself with bullshit concentrate. Make sure it only has a small bit of that in there & has isolate of hyro isolate.

So for those 5 shakes a week, get something with quality ingredients.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic