Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Protein from whey, or whole foods?

Ace Corona

Ace Corona

Apr 6, 2015
I haven't been able to buy whey for several months because of a financially tight living situation I'm in, but I will be visiting my sister for a couple of months, and I'll have more money because I won't have to spend money on a bus pass ($42) or school, so I could buy whey protein from Costco ($45) or I could spend the money on other sources of protein, such as turkey hamburger, chicken, tuna and stuff like that. What do you guys think? Should I go all in with whole foods as a source of protein, or should I get whey?

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
Go with the food. Family value pack hamburger meat, eggs, canned tuna.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Whey is considered a supplement, and is not subject to any FDA regulations in their accuracy. They vary dramatically in quality and from what their labels could be indicating. This is typically why people get far better results on a full food diet over supplementing frequently with whey, IMO. You also lack micronutrients with whey supps, even if they are infused with vitamins and minerals. The bioavailability of synthetic vitamins sucks.

I was convinced when I went all food when I was dieting. Between tracking and all food, the results were nothing short of amazing

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
I definitely feel like protein powders are a SUPPLEMENT and people forget that. If you have the ability to get all of your protein from whole foods then go for it, it's much better IMO.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Bison meat from Costco...sold in 2.5LB paks...i brown 2 paks every other day.....nice lean protein

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
$1.99/lb Costco pork tenderloin. You could have 22lbs+ of lean meat or a tub of whey at the same price. Costco has some great deals on eggs too. I'm pretty sure these are some of the best deals of protein you find there or anywhere on a budget.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Save your money, fukk protein powders. You never know what you are getting in terms of real protein grams. I remember some years ago, there was a study done on some of the popular protein powders, and almost all of them came back way under dosed. You can never go wrong with food.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Is it in the frozen section, or where the fresh meat is located?
Salmon burgers are pretty good frozen also, need to switch things up sometimes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic