Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Progressive Insurance "Snapshot"

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
The new device Progressive offers to monitor your driving to save you money has a dual purpose. Progressive can also raise your rates if they dont like what they see. They have also canceled policy holders after going over the data even after a traffic accident leaving them uninsured even when the premium has been paid.

Just a heads up.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Good lookin out........monitor your driving? man thats some big brother crap right there. What, do they give you lower rates if you let them put it in there? thats nuts

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
As I understand it they monitor you for 30 days and then they evaluate the data. You have a chance for up to 30% according to them.

Weve got an attorneys BMW in our lot right now that was in an accident and denied due to erratic driving. What actually happend was the guy was trying to avoid pile ups all over the turnpike and missed 3 before he got hit from behind after he pulled over to offer help. Pretty fucked up.

Of course the kid that hit him has no insurance.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
When I saw that bullshit I thought who the fuck would put one of those damn things in your car? Nobody drives the way an insurance company would want them to the only shit that could come of that device is bad shit, period!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You'd have to be stupid to try that shit. You don't want them to know a damn thing other than they get paid on time. I worked for insurance companies as an adjuster for years and they only want to fuck everyone over. I used to get into a lot of trouble b/c I didn't do like they wanted me to.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I think it's part of another way for big brother to get
there fingers in the tracking mix!

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
I think it's part of another way for big brother to get
there fingers in the tracking mix!

Exactly its introduced under one premise but has many other pitfalls or features as is the case with OnStar.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Ive been with progressive for almost 10 years now. The last 2-3 years, my policy kept going up, and I couldn't figure out why. They said my next renewal I qualify for some deduction because Ive been a loyal customer for so long, well I never got it, and my policy went up again. Long story short, they gave me some bullshit answer to why my policy kept going up, yet the answers they gave me had nothing to do with me, but other drivers that have shitty records. Not to mention I moved from a nice location to a much nicer location, and my policy went up slightly again because I moved. Im about ready to renew, so Ill be calling them bitching again for my high policy.. Fuck, I insure 4 vehicles with them, you would think I would get something extra, mind you we have no accidents or tickets either..will see.

But to answer the snapshot question, I did this on my wifes vehicle and on mine, and I wound up getting a few hundred bucks back for both vehicles, or like 10-12% on each. The damn thing is sensitive as fuck. When you brake with it, if you don't slowly do it, it beeps. I guess from their feedback, hard breakers are more likely to get into accidents. I don't consider myself a hard breaker, nor is my wife, but its almost like your driving so you dont hear the damn thing beep. And if you have to suddenly break for some reason, like for an animal in the road, or someone in front of you breaks too soon, its going off. I couldn't wait to give the snapshot back. I think mine was longer then 30 days, I think I had mine for like 6months..

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
So what happens when someone uses snapshot but then actually gets into an accident trying hard not to set of the brake meter. Is progressive liable? When you put an incentive on a particular style of driving you may cause other things to happen while lowering others.

I think the driving record should speak for itself. Not big brother.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Progressive is named Progressive because the guy that owns it is a "progressive," in the political sense. Therefore, I will NEVER have Progressive Insurance.

Peter Lewis has given millions to the ACLU and MoveOn.org.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Well no shit Shurlock. What did you think that little plug-in was for? I'd never use that plug-in, too much like big brother watching you drive.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
So what happens when someone uses snapshot but then actually gets into an accident trying hard not to set of the brake meter. Is progressive liable? When you put an incentive on a particular style of driving you may cause other things to happen while lowering others.

I think the driving record should speak for itself. Not big brother.

Thats a good question. I told my wife when it was plugged in, do not get in an accident.. I was a little more careful too, but I cant drive like that. Tippy toeing around soft breaking, or breaking way before I have too. I think its more of a hazard to do so.. I honestly dont think it was even worth it. They are probably raising my policy as we speak, so the $200 I saved last year is probably added on this new bill coming up already. Only thing that saves you money is paying your policy in full. I think I save like $600..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic