Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Pre exhaustion training

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Anyone who has used this method feel like it's help them grow? Pass plateaus? Currently trying a version of this wanted feedback... Thanks

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I don't use it and would not, because the key to muscular growth (and increasing strength) is muscle fiber recruitment, and if your muscle is tired when you do your working set, you can't possibly be moving enough weight fast enough to recruit a significant number of muscle fibers.

Instead, warm up thoroughly but save your energy for maximum effort on the working sets. When you come close to your 1RM or when you hit maximum speed moving a weight, then you'll recruit some serious fibers, and the growth will occur. . .

Last edited:
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I find it beneficial when I'm recovering from an injury. It allows me to use a little less weight.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
This particular routine is designed for biceps. Smaller muscles can be treated a bit differently than the larger muscle groups. This isn't a good example of pre exhaustion. Typically the concept of preexhaustion is using isolation on a bodypart to exhaust it before hitting a compound movement.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I have used preexhaustion in my routines alot. The idea of it was for example on legs, 150 reps of leg extensions, then hit legs with squats/front squats or hack squat for 6-8 reps4/5 sets. Of course i wasnt using max weight on the big movements, but the weight was heavy enough. I only preexhausted with legs, chest and back, once in awhile on shoulders. The pump you get is also another benefit :)

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
This particular routine is designed for biceps. Smaller muscles can be treated a bit differently than the larger muscle groups. This isn't a good example of pre exhaustion. Typically the concept of preexhaustion is using isolation on a bodypart to exhaust it before hitting a compound movement.
But if you follow this theory then if your doing chest you put more recruitment on the triceps so not sure if would work well? the other argument is the triceps are weaker so they become equal during lifting so not sure which is best?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
But if you follow this theory then if your doing chest you put more recruitment on the triceps so not sure if would work well? the other argument is the triceps are weaker so they become equal during lifting so not sure which is best?

This is where a good mind muscle connection comes in. If you allow yourself to recruit more tricep then that will be your result. The idea is to go lighter and fatigue the chest through proper intention.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic