Threads
Members
Latest Member
Nickobat

Powerlifting Gym near Pomona/Claremont CA

F

fad5001

Mar 12, 2012
Hey guys, I am moving to claremont, CA for a few months for work, and would like to continue my training for USAPL nationals at the end of june. I will be at pomona college from April 1-July1... does anyone know of a gym/garage/anything that I could do actual powerlifting training at - I know there are LA fitness-like gyms there, but I don't feel comfortable (and doubt they would even allow) doing 300+kg box squats with bands or chains at place like that! Please let me know if anyone knows a place around claremont that I could do some proper powerlifting. Thanks!

-Frank

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the Den fad5001! Glad you joined up... We've got a lot of competitive powerlifters so you've come to the right place bro! To find powerlifting gyms in your area, check the link below... Proud to say my gym is on the list :D Stick around and post up bro. Powerlifting Gyms | Powerlifting Watch

Hey guys, I am moving to claremont, CA for a few months for work, and would like to continue my training for USAPL nationals at the end of june. I will be at pomona college from April 1-July1... does anyone know of a gym/garage/anything that I could do actual powerlifting training at - I know there are LA fitness-like gyms there, but I don't feel comfortable (and doubt they would even allow) doing 300+kg box squats with bands or chains at place like that! Please let me know if anyone knows a place around claremont that I could do some proper powerlifting. Thanks!

-Frank

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Tough call..... If you are willing to drive 5+ hours to get a once in a while session in your best bet is HOSS's gym in Sacramento. Worth the drive to train with Scot Cartwright. Or an equal drive to Super Training.... although HOSS's gym would probably suit your needs more.

Other than that it's about an hour to F.I.T. gym owned by Scot Mendelson. I know that he still trains with a good crew out there ( might still be in the Van Nuys area?) that do more than just bench.

Out of the three Cartwright would probably be coolest about not charging you an arm and a leg and would help the most.... but that's a serious drive that you couldn't do every week.... although there are guys who do 3-5 hours each week to train at westside. Even my little crew has people who drive 1-3 hours to get in work with us.

Either way, good luck.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
Are you close to Chatsworth, CA? I train at 1 Stop Gym owned and operated by Scot Mendelson. It'd be great to see another fellow powerlifter there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic