Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Posterior Delts - Shoulders or Back?

G

GrassFed

Sep 18, 2010
To those who do split routines, do you group your rear delts with your shoulders or your back? Obviously being a delt they are "shoulder muscles" but considering their range of motion and how they tend to be both underdeveloped and overpowered by other muscles, I've been thinking that doing them at the end of a back workout would be most effective to target them specifically.

Thoughts?

nutnless220

nutnless220

Apr 13, 2012

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
There are a couple threads already about this where you'll get a bunch of mixed opinions in addition to some fellas chiming in on this one....there are some good answers out there.

I do them on both back and shoulder days, alternating cables and DB's for each day....sometimes I face the incline bench, other times, I'll use the pec deck....sometimes bent over....the squeeze and hold will determine the contraction properly.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I like to do mine with both. Sometimes with back if I have enough energy. If not I hit them on shoulder days. I like having my shoulder days when I can just focus on presses and side laterals. When I have the energy to do them on back days I don't have to do as much because they have been getting worked with all the pulling I've done.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Focus for rear delts is on shoulder day for me but they do get hit on back day. I'm always focusing on contracting my middle back on those back movements. The "mind muscle connection" is with the back.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I train them on my shoulder.they are the first muscle group I train when I do shoulders

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Rear delts and traps on shoulder day. I know they get hit on back day too...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic