Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Post op plan

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So the end of this week will be two weeks post op for me. I think I'll start going to the gym and walking on the treadmill for my activity for the next week. For the third week I was thinking of going easy on the elliptical. By the fourth week I should be ready to start some light resistance training.

I think having these goals and timelines set will help me stay motivated and structure my recovery better

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
So should we change your name to something new since the operation was a success, lol.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Yea laying it out like that should help you stay on track. Motivation isn't an issue for you, so I'm sure you'll come back 105%.

How are you recovering so far?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So should we change your name to something new since the operation was a success, lol.

Would love a name change, but have had this name on the forums for going on 13 years, so seems silly to change it now.

Yea laying it out like that should help you stay on track. Motivation isn't an issue for you, so I'm sure you'll come back 105%.

How are you recovering so far?

Surgery went well. He told me that he did an incision instead of laproscopy because an incision would allow him to get the mesh in a better spot and make it sturdier in the long run. There is something like a 1-2% failure rate when done this way, and I already have lots of scars to begin with, so I naturally replied "Yeah, do whatever you have to to make that sucker as strong as possible".

The pain and recovery wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I think the unusually high placement of this one made recovery pretty easy. Other than twisting while seated, and sitting straight up out of bed, I have little discomfort any longer

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic