Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

post cycle crash

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
hi everyone i am new to this forum.. i have searched and searched but cant find any info regarding crashing after a test cycle...

i am not new to bodybuilding (23 yrs) but am still relatively new cycling (a little over a year) .. what i am noticing is that when i am coming off cycle, i am lethargic, sex drive in the basement, depressed, etc. i understand what is happening, my question is has anyone else experienced this? what have you done to counter it? men have pct to counter the effects... what about us...

knowing the crash is coming makes me not want to come off cycle.. its gripping... but obviously not coming off cycle is not the answer either..

any and all feedback, advice and suggestions is greatly appreciated...

thank you in advance

steph

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I have no idea...never done test...maybe somebody with experience will chime in. I am curious though...

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Check out Nolva for a pct after cycle to keep your estrogen from rebounding.Yes this is a common thing.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
ah....yes, thanks RR...and be sure to taper off the nolva to avoid another crash...that much I have learned :)

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
aha! maybe you could taper off the test slowly to allow more time for your body to adjust so you don't have a sudden crash? Maybe drop your dosing down by half....wait a week and drop another half etc etc....

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
thank you so much shan and rotten.. shan i have been tapering but i still find i crash... i find myself crying like... a girl!!! aaaaaahhhhhhhh oh the shame...

but seriously though, i do appreciate it.. i assume by nolva you mean nolvadex... i will give it a whirl

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
This is what guys call their "clomid moments". Compare it to a monthly menstrual cycle - it seems like the worst of it is when your hormones are in flux - when you're coming on , when you're coming off. Part of it is similar to when people talk about "roid rage", "that time of the month" or even a low carb day - when you know you're going to go thru some sort of hormone-driven mood swing, deal w/ it. Don't make it bigger than it is because its no one's fault and not really something to be scared of. It is just part of what comes w/ screwing w/ your hormone profile. Its sort of a behavior management.

On the other end - nolva(dex) is one approach. Some additional things you can look at are:
- if you're on birth control pills - then stay on them. If you stopped for a while, get back on them. They are designed to regulate your menstrual cycle. The sooner you get your estrogen levels in order, the sooner the whole post-cycle thing stabilizes.
- OTC stuff that is recommended for menstrual cramps - again its getting to a regular cycle and reducing the size of the swings:
-- evening primrose oil
-- DIM
-- Estroven

And generally if you plan to cycle and tend to experience depression, loading Inositol can help. Inositol is a B-vitamin that is easy to get OTC. Best approach is to get it in powder form, and not in tab ($$) and NOT w/ other stuff mixed in. The recommendation is to take somewhat hefty doses and it seems some of the other stuff that is sometimes combined in tabs is NOT what you want to take in hefty doses, and you can't split the two. Best source is online: Swanson Premium 100% Pure Inositol Powder 8 oz (227 grams) Pwdr - Swanson Health Products (Otherwise in the stores it seems unreasonably $$.)

For research: Inositol as a treatment for psychiatric disorders: a scientific evaluation of its clinical effectiveness | Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients | Find Articles

Also you can find a bunch of stuff if you google: inositol, depression.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Here is an idea, Nolva no doubt works on the hpa but the prob is it also raises shbg realy bad and women have higer levels of shbg than men usualy. Why not while tapering that nolva add a tiny bit of proviron for a couple weeks to help kill the elevated shbg and boost moods ?

Ya know prov can work like an anti-depressant , well the study was on men with higher doses but it might be worth a shot to beat those damn hormonal blues. Tapering the nolva and overlaping with prov in low doses and tapering it to.

An idea, and a theory with some science.
A comparison of the antidepressant effects... [J Clin Psychiatry. 1985] - PubMed - NCBI

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
thank you so much to all of you who have given responses... i guess i have to try all of it and see what works... although i must admit shine i never knew i had sex goblins running around my body! :)

sassy, i completely identify with the feelings of my menstrual cycle... thats exactly what it feels like i am just so afraid to allow myself to feel that... i just always assume there is more to the equation... i am off to pik up midol and some nolva and see where it takes me.. the feeling of being "on' makes me feel like i never want to be off... not good.....thanks for the input

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
thank you so much to all of you who have given responses... i guess i have to try all of it and see what works... although i must admit shine i never knew i had sex goblins running around my body! :)

I know , crazy is right! gota watch out for those darn globulins! <:p

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011

sassy, i completely identify with the feelings of my menstrual cycle... thats exactly what it feels like i am just so afraid to allow myself to feel that... i just always assume there is more to the equation... i am off to pik up midol and some nolva and see where it takes me.. the feeling of being "on' makes me feel like i never want to be off... not good.....thanks for the input

This is probably the only "addictive" part of AAS.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic