Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
It's loquitor I believe. And bullshit we are all meat bag mammals in that sense

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

Odd how people get so fired up about animals when Humans are being literally slaughtered at a rate 100x's that of the animals. We had a case of a lil dog being thrown into traffic around here during a road rage incident. At the same time a little girl came up missing, abducted. The dog fund raised over 100K over nite and the little girl had to have the Local Police Dept put 10K into her fund. I get the senseless killing of a animal but senseless slaughter has been going on for DECADES there. People live in squalor and hey, TBH , if I lived in a shithole and someone told me I could get big money for some tusks..there would be a lot of tuskless elephants. It's perspective, we have it 100,000x's better than Africans

christian-persecution11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Agreed Shortz, as in many regions human overpopulation has constrained the indigenous wildlife such that controlled hunts or kills MUST be allowed. The alternative wildlife overflow into the general populous, limited animal foodstuffs from over population etc. I know that looks "gross" but rest assured that meat will be eaten by the local animals.

Controlled hunts to thin the herd. The question is, which herd should be thinned? ;)

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
I get the senseless killing of a animal but senseless slaughter has been going on for DECADES there. People live in squalor and hey, TBH , if I lived in a shithole and someone told me I could get big money for some tusks..there would be a lot of tuskless elephants. It's perspective, we have it 100,000x's better than Africans

I must confess I don't know the conditions in which the poachers themselves live. There's no question that many Africans do live in shit holes. However, the real blame lies with those who buy the ivory, and those people most certainly don't live in squalor. The ivory trade isn't about human survival, it's about human greed.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
You think I'm a touchy-feely liberal because this disgusts me?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

I can vouch for cbs. I have known him for a while and he is not a touchy feely guy.
IronCore, I completely understand your outrage and I almost never comment on this topic. If there ever comes a time when I have an opportunity to cast my vote one way or another on this matter and have it make a difference, I will vote my conscious in the privacy of a voting booth. It is a situation in which no one wins. I can sympathize with folks on both sides of this argument. My personal belief is that human life begins at conception.
This the last time I will comment on it.

Reactions: CBS
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I must confess I don't know the conditions in which the poachers themselves live. There's no question that many Africans do live in shit holes. However, the real blame lies with those who buy the ivory, and those people most certainly don't live in squalor. The ivory trade isn't about human survival, it's about human greed.

Sometimes what we see as human greed another man see's as feeding his family. 2 countries glare, Africa and Mexico, both full of raw materials , oil etc but their corrupt govt keep these shitty living conditions to maintain power. Really limits a man's options, it's not like here in the USA where we get to choose our occupations or for that fact if we will even work.
Don't get me wrong I don't like poachers and their methods but when a man has limited choices he will do what he has to to feed himself and his family

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Guys don't get me wrong. I am not drawing lines. I am just saying, that's all. We are a good group here and CBS is a good guy....

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
It's loquitor I believe. And bullshit we are all meat bag mammals in that sense[/

If your belief is all mammals are of equal "value" in spite of the unequivocal world dominance by homosapiens I would disagree, but to each their own.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Sometimes what we see as human greed another man see's as feeding his family. 2 countries glare, Africa and Mexico, both full of raw materials , oil etc but their corrupt govt keep these shitty living conditions to maintain power. Really limits a man's options, it's not like here in the USA where we get to choose our occupations or for that fact if we will even work.
Don't get me wrong I don't like poachers and their methods but when a man has limited choices he will do what he has to to feed himself and his family

I'll have to admit good point.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Speaking of elephants... Have you ever seen an elephant hiding in a cherry tree?...............................no? ......... They hide pretty good don't they!

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
If your belief is all mammals are of equal "value" in spite of the unequivocal world dominance by homosapiens I would disagree, but to each their own.

Spoken like a true Homo sapiens!

But I agree that not all mammals are "of equal value." I can think of a few mammals that I'd rank higher than the human variety, including my dog and horses. :eek:

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic