Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Please explain.............

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
That's clearly a super intense isolation, partial, partial, partial.

Getraw

Getraw

VIP Member
Feb 6, 2011
He said the second one was better than the last one..Im confused.. WTH is he doing?

GR

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Haters gonna hate! right on man! you ass-to-mouth lift that weight!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Didn't that cranky Christian guy- Robertson- have a leg press like this? You look and look and..... huh? And there was a guru who has a video of a zillion pound curl that is like this.

Here's the Guru:

Weightlifting
Sri Chinmoy demonstrates a 2200lb Calf Lift, observed by Master of Ceremonies Bill Pearl, 5-time Mr. Universe, at a public exhibition in 2004.

Sri Chinmoy began weightlifting in 1985, at the age of 54. Bill Pearl, former Mr. Universe, acted as Master of Ceremonies at many of Sri Chinmoy's strength exhibitions. Introducing one of Sri Chinmoy's weightlifting exhibitions in 1999, Bill Pearl wrote: "Today you are going to see some amazing feats of strength that I myself - and I have been in the industry for fifty-five years - would not event attempt to perform."[73] Sri Chinmoy, said his motivation for lifting was to inspire others, especially those of an older generation.

“If I can inspire anybody in this world, then I feel that my life is meaningful. With my weightlifting, I am offering my physical strength to inspire people.”[74]

In a program created in 1998 known as 'Lifting up the world with a Oneness Heart', Sri Chinmoy lifted people of inspiration while they stood on a platform overhead. Chinmoy described his motivation: 'I lift them up to show my appreciation for their achievements,'[75] Among some of the 7000 people he lifted include: Nelson Mandela,[76] Desmond Tutu[77] Muhammad Ali, Sting, Eddie Murphy, Susan Sarandon, Roberta Flack, Yoko Ono, Jeff Goldblum, and Richard Gere.[18] Rabbi Marc Gellman wrote in Newsweek of the experience:

"I remember the miraculous day of May 23, 2001, when Sri Chinmoy lifted me, my pal Father Tom Hartman, and a platform up into the air. Together—with the platform—we weighed more than 500 pounds (I had a very heavy cell phone in my pocket!)."[34]

In April 2011, a documentary film about Sri Chinmoy's weightlifting titled Challenging Impossibility was featured at the Tribeca Film Festival.[78]
[edit] Weightlifting Controversy

Despite support from prominent bodybuilders and strength experts such as Bill Pearl, Frank Zane and Hugo Girard[citation needed], people have expressed scepticism over Chinmoy's lifting. In particular Sri Chinmoy's claim to have once lifted over 7,000 pounds with one arm[18] has been criticised.[79] In 1989, Alex Zwarenstein, an official photographer claims he was asked by Chinmoy to airbrush photographs to exaggerate the weightlifting ability of Sri Chinmoy, such as manipulating a photo of an object being lifted to make it appear that it was lifted higher than originally shown. Zwarenstein reported Chinmoy saying "You see that I've lifted this but the picture isn't clear enough. Could you make it so that it looks like it's a bit higher?"[80] In 1991, a professor of kinesiology at the University of Texas concluded that Chinmoy misrepresented the type of lift he claimed after watching a video of Chinmoy lifting.[81] After controversy over the type of lifting, Bill Pearl volunteered to edit future articles on Sri Chinmoy's lifting events to make sure the lifts were described in more accurate terminology.[82

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic