jacobss
What's New?

Plans for 2015...let's hear 'em

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
That's a lot of good advice there GC. It's all about conditioning. I've competed three times, and each and every time, while I made improvement, I still had a long ways to go on conditioning. That's what it's all about.

I don't plan on competing this year, but I do plan on cutting for health reasons. Just had a physical, and my BW was 243 at about 20%BF. My wife is concerned for my health, and has asked that I drop down to 210 or lower and stay there. I figure that if I can get down to 210 and maintain most of my lean mass, I will be shredded, and just 10 pounds away from stage conditioning. Time to get healthy. I'm considering giving Shelby a ring and asking for a plan that focuses primarily on my diet.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Thanks Tommy. Simple advise yet guy after guy seem to stop short in their
diets. Conditioning is the final part to this crazy puzzle we try to nail
during a 15 minute window after 16 to 20 weeks dieting.
Gc

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
The Francois is a Body Builders show. So, if you have real focus on grabbing the gold make sure you are down and in shape 4 weeks out. Not kidding. Then the final 4 weeks is when the real conditioning can happen. If you just get down in time for the show I'm real sure your condidtioning wont be where it needs to be.

Here is a the best tip I can give any new competitor: Conditioning wins classes and shows. Guys just dont get down. Most guys still have butts day of show. When you face the curtain nothing is hidden at that point. So, if you still have a butt that means your hamstring glute ties ins suck or just are not there.

No one will ever ask what you can lift when on stage. No one really cares what your weight is other then to put you in your weight class. This sport is all about the look on stage.

Lastly find a very trusted person who knows what posing should look like. Find how to present yourself in each pose that give you your best look. Example: On the side chest and side tri. I'm sure one side looks better then the other it is just a fact. Pratice pratice so, you look like you been posing all your life and you are just happy to be there to show case your peel body.

All the best. Start that diet in plenty of time. If someone say just 12 weeks I say BS. You can't get weeks back.
GC

Thank Gc for that excellent post. I'm already well underway!
I need your knowledge brother!

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I'll be starting prep the first of the year for the Masters Nationals again in 2015. GC hit it right on, conditioning wins shows. I need to work on mine a lot more. So I'm starting in 2 weeks so I have plenty of time to make adjustments as needed.

I think this new section is gonna be a big help to all that compete. Look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I'll be starting prep the first of the year for the Masters Nationals again in 2015. GC hit it right on, conditioning wins shows. I need to work on mine a lot more. So I'm starting in 2 weeks so I have plenty of time to make adjustments as needed.

I think this new section is gonna be a big help to all that compete. Look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can.

Jeesh!!! How could your conditioning be any better? Look at that back!!!

O

onedieselboy

VIP Member
Jan 18, 2012
I agree, this section is a great addition to the Den. As of right now, have plans set for Team U and then Masters Nationals. I hope everybody has an awesome, safe, and healthy New Year!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Stick to a program long enough to see results, clean up the diet (a lot) and stay healthy enough to compete in a couple meets this year.

P

pumpingiron22

Mar 2, 2014
Branch warren classic about 7months out.

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
I did the Nationals in 14' ... Planning on Team U this year

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic