Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Pin the muscle after you've worked it.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Time to time a thread will pop up asking when is the best time to inject a muscle. I'm sure everyone has their own preference but I wanted to share my experience whereas I have played with this a lot now.

At first I didn't have any consistent method. I pinned where I was due in rotation. IE, left quad, right quad, left glute, right glute.... There is nothing wrong with this method but I feel post workout is better now.

I was pinning the muscle pre workout for a while. This creates a nice little pinch and helps with the mind muscle connection. It must also help spread the oil around. At first I felt I was getting a little boost from it but the truth is, unless you are pinning a suspension, its not kicking in that fast. Placebo effect or fight or flight response from the pinch... your call.

So lately I have been pinning post workout. The idea originally came from a popular synthol protocol which states to inject 3ccs in each muscle head immediately post workout any time that muscle gets hit. I find that the muscle is much more elastic and warm and its much more willing to take oil after it has been worked. A nice little bonus is that the PIP I experience is reduced greatly from this method. I don't know why scientifically this happens but I'm guessing there is less tissue damage due to the fact that the muscle is more pliable. Now, you could try to get the same effect with a heating pad but I find it doesn't work as well. Something about actually breaking down the muscle seems to make things go a lot smoother for me.

Using this method I am able to put decent volume in a lot of body parts. (just to be clear, this is gear, not synthol)

quads 3cc
glutes 3cc
upper chest 1.5cc
traps 1cc
lats 1.5cc Thinking I could do more. If you've never pinned lats, it's a pretty good spot.
short head biceps 1cc
long head biceps 1.5cc
lateral head tricep 1cc
long head tricep 1.5cc
medial delts 1.5cc. I've gone up to 2cc on delts but I tend to get nodules from time to time so I've backed off.

I'm using 25g x 1" on lower body and 25g x 5/8" on all upper body. It's really not much different than a slin pin as far as the pinch is concerned and no need to backload.

Hope this helps.
GS

Last edited:
Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Thanks GS! This is cool. I'm just not sure how to reach some of those places.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I've always wondered about post workout pins myself. It makes a lot of sense when you sit and think about it. I think I'll give this method a go for a few weeks and see how I like it. Especially with test prop, for some reason, it can do some silly shit to me lol. Maybe hitting the fibers post cycle will help, especially quads. I love quads because of how much oil they can hold, but I've taken time off of them lately. Had too many recent issues with them.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
I've found site injecting around that muscle group workout(pin quads on quad day) helped whether it be before or after the workout...but I do prefer post just for the fact that the muscle is a little tender/ weak after getting stabbed through.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic