Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Phillygurl1's road to the Kentucky Muscle

phillygurl1

phillygurl1

TID Lady Member
Mar 28, 2012
My last competition was in June 2011. Since then, I have been plagued with Medical issues. On September 28, 2011, I had spinal fusion surgery with decompression on my L4 and L5 and had nerves impinged...aka I broke my back (bilater pars defect with sublaxation). I ended up spending 14 days in the hospital due to my second medical issue, colonic inertia. I did not let the first surgery put me down. Within two weeks after my back surgery I was jogging 3 miles a day and lifting with my PT corsett. I did my best to workout and run as much as i could but I was having severe issues with colonic inertia (severe constipation). On December 30, 2011, I had a total Colectomy, a total removal of my large colon! I attempted my best not to let this get me down although both symptoms wreaked havoc on my body. I, again, waited about two weeks post surgery and have been back in the gym 5 to 6 days a week lifting and doing my cardio! I feel great! With that in mind, I am readying myself for my first competition since June, 2011......The Kentucky Muscle in November, 2012. In the beginning of my training, it consisted of a combination of rehab on the back and training. I have a wonderful trainer and I am starving to compete. So, I decided to post my training logs for others to see. Mainly because I am living proof that no matter how many setbacks one experiences, one can overcome and be the best you can be, and secondly, to help others out. So, my journey begins.

Currently my workout includes:

Tuesdays-Chest/Tri's
Wednesday-Back/Bi's
Thursday-Hammies, Glutes, and Calves
Friday-Shoulders
Saturdays-Quads

Alternating weeks: Strength then Powerlifting

Diet:

M1- 1Cup oats with 1 TBL Peanut Butter; 1/2 c and 1/4 c liquid egg whites with 1 slice Fat Free Cheese

M2- 1 Scoop Chocolate Mint Whey Protein and 1 Scoop Chocolate Cake batter Casein Protein powder in Water

M3- 7-8 oz Grilled Chicken and 1 Cup Sweet Tator

M4-(Preworkout) 6 oz 96% extra lean ground Beef with 1/2 cup Brown Rice

(MuscleTech Nano Vapor)

M5-(PostWorkout) Muscle Tech Creatine drink
1 Scoop Chocolate Mint Whey Protein and 1 Scoop Chocolate Cake batter Casein Protein powder in Water

M6- 7oz-8oz grilled chicken with 1 cup Broccoli.

1 gallon water daily

Supplements:
CLA, Lechitin, B6, B12, Fish oil, Women's Multi, Glucosamine

Roughly 45-60 minutes cardio post workout:
20-30 minutes on AMT Elliptical and 20-30 treadmill on incline.

I will post my workouts daily :0

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Great story and great job on keeping at it. Very inspirational.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic