Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Phil Heath steroids

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
The pic of Phil Heath arms make me think of the bull on myostain blockers in the movie Bigger Faster Stronger Steroids in America. Can you get as big as Mr Olympia Phil Heath without steroids? The old Phil Heath steroids question.

oksc2u.jpg

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I think I read that flex had some mutated gene or something and his body produced less myostatin, I dont know if that was bullshit its been so long ago when I read that, but I wonder if its true and if possible Phil has that same gene factor working in his favor, I have seen him up close and even as an amateur his physique was amazing.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
He is a griffin monster,I would be happy with a quaternary of his mudcle

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Balco put out a letter I think just posted on the internet that Flex Wheeler has a mutation in one of his myostatin genes and also an IGF-1 mutation. The myostatin mutation should result in a null allele or close to it. The IGF-1 mutation was suppose to somehow be fortuitous as well. Here is the letter.

Originally Posted by BALCO Laboratories, Inc.
October 1, 1998

Re: Flex Wheeler

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter per the request of Flex Wheeler.

I would first like to briefly provide you with some background information regarding BALCO Laboratories. BALCO has been working with elite Olympic and professional athletes for over fifteen years. BALCO has provided testing and consultation for over 250 NFL players including the entire 1998 Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos team and the entire Miami Dolphins team. BALCO works with professional athletes in many sports including teenis (Michael Chang, Jim Courier, etc.), hockey, bodybuilding (10 of the 16 1998 Mr. Olympia contestants), track and field, soccer and basketball (Seattle SuperSonics).

BALCO Laboratories has been testing and monitoring Flex on a routine basis during the last year. We have performed tests including blood chemistry (SMAC), complete blood count (CBC), PSA, anabolic hormone levels, genotyping as well as comprehensive testing for nutritional elements. Flex's test results have been compared to twenty-four other professional bodybuilders and overall he has one of the healthiest profiles. Basically, Flex is in excellent health and has demonstrated the discipline necessary to maintain a peak level of conditioning.

Flex was a participant in a study we recently conducted in collaboration with the Department of Human Genetics at the University of Pittsburgh involving 62 men who made unusually large gains in muscle mass in response to strength training (extreme responders). Flex was one of only nine extreme responders that had the very rare "myostatin mutation." Myostatin is the gene that "limits muscle growth." Specifically, Flex had the rarest form of myostatin mutation at the "exon 2" position on the gene. This simply means Flex has a much larger number of muscle fibers compared to the other subjects or the normal population. We believe that these are the very first myostatin mutation findings in humans and the results of this landmark study have already been submitted for publication. Flex was also found to have a very unusual type of the IGF-1 gene. In fact, Flex was the only participant in the study that did not have a "match." All of the other extreme responders had at least three other subjects with a matching IGF-1 gene. Based upon Flex's very unique genetic profile, we plan to expeditiously publish a scientific paper that reveals his complete genotype in specific detail. The publication of his remarkable genetic data should generate an enormous amount of media exposure.

Hope this information will be helpful and please call if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

/s/ Victor Conte
Victor Conte
President
BALCO Laboratories, Inc.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
alot of people actually compare him to the old Flex.... all i know is when phil is peeled.... i dont see anyone beatin him

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
If you follow him on Twitter you know that he does not work his biceps very ofter because they grow way to fast.. He hits them only once every few weeks.

He claims if he did work them out like any other body part he would be uneven...Thats scary.

sigman roid

sigman roid

Oct 9, 2011
Phil looks amazing hes taken it to another level now and when hes in top condition theres no one out there thats gonna beat him.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
^^^ true ya he does not do arms very often!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic