Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

People with hurt Shoulders

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
I'm curious as to what your shoulder days look like. I've really been slacking on shoulder only exercises. I warm up with some bands every time before working out anything to help out the shoulders and I was doing some military presses yesterday and felt pretty good with light weight. I can't do lateral raises with my injury at all. Any input I'm grateful for. Thank you.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i dont do much direct shoulder work either. db or bb presses, front raises, face pulls, leaning laterals, arnolds occasionally. thats about it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Start off with elliptical to get the arms-a-swinging... 10 minutes is good. Then rotator cuff rotations with a 5lb dumbbell. Then lateral raises with a 10lb dumbell, then shoulder stretches with a broomstick (bring the broomstick up and over your head then behind your back. Then military press. The press works my whole shoulder girdle so everything gets good and warmed up.

I find that with a lot of reps in one workout and a killer pump the pain is worse. So I hit them as fast as possible. If something is bothering me while I'm doing it, I stop and move on to something else. If there is discomfort I take naproxen when I'm done lifting.

My shoulders were really fucked up for a couple years. I did a shit ton of rehab work on them and didn't lift much with my shoulders for years. It paid off. My military press is going great, I can lateral raise again and I have no pain (the bad kind ;) ) after hitting delts.

Be patient about it is my top bit of advice...

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
I have my home gym where I work out so no Elliptical...I tend to do rotations with the bands because its faster then unloading the IronMasters. 10 pounds may be a lil iffy haha it is pretty bad. I was in rehab for a while for it and that did help a lil bit. You pretty much just did military presses or you go all around? I can probably do some db presses and some military press. I just want to be able to cap them out somewhat for they are easily my weakest point. I'll check our your log and see whats up PoB..

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
for the first year that i was back in the gym i did the elliptical before every workout for about 10 mins. after about 8 months i could barely move my shoulders. i stopped doing it and they started getting better. i think the motion over time was too much for the soft tissues that were already damaged. just saying to be careful with it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic