Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Peg600 Solidifies?

P

plusone1

Mar 20, 2012
Was making some oral compounds the other day using peg600 and 190proof alcohol to create an oral suspension.

Appears everything came alright then I place finished items and the Peg600 bottle in car in the evening time. Temp was around 72 degrees. Left in car overnight because I forgot after doing some long traveling. Woke up this morning and notice some of my solutions were completely solid as well as the Peg600 itself.

Almost looks like cooking oil looks after you cook with it and it cools down and solidifies. Could wild temperature changes have caused this? Will suspensions and Peg600 re-solidify even after applying some heat to get it back to a liquid state?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
When in doubt add heat!

P

plusone1

Mar 20, 2012
Definitely added heat. Boiled some water and let it sit in water till it finally melted. Took a long, long time before it was completely liquid again. This morning it was back solid. I wonder if I may have accidentally contaminated it by possibly introducing water to it. I don't recall doing so but would that cause a chemical reaction where it would solidify?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Well I would heat again, bottle everything, and reheat prior to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

plusone1

Mar 20, 2012
Well I would heat again, bottle everything, and reheat prior to use.

Yeah looks like what I am going to have to do. Really think my next orals(no pun intended) will be in capsule form. Can't ever seem to get Tamoxifen to not Crystalize no matter what I do. Maybe adding some BB will help.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic