Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

PC expert geeks lol

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Hey my PC slow , so slow it won't open . I recently cleaned out programs and maybe I destroyed a vital program needed as I click on icon and never opens .

I purchased the " wincleaner" as seen on tv with no success. Anyone have ideas or do I need to junk it and get a new one lol .

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Save what you need to an external hard drive then do a fresh install of your OS and put files back on again from external hard drive.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Do yourself a favor and just back up what you have and reinstall windows. You will have a PC running like new and pretty much get rid of ALL problems (Unless it's hardware related).

I have a custom rig and every couple years I just reinstall windows. I add new parts to this PC, so I Have to reinstall from time to time in order to keep it running like new. Most people just buy new PCs when theirs starts acting up, but when you have $2800 invested in building one, that's out of the question.

*Edit* On a last note, keep in mind that W7 will no longer be supported by MS after this year, so if you have to buy a windows disc, don't buy 7, even though W8 blows big balls and W7 blows it away in performance and ease of use. Not sure if there is a W9 coming soon

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
If you have windows 8, you can do a fresh install without an installation disk.
Type in "restore" in search and you can either do a complete install that erases everything
and starts over or an install that keeps your personal files but reinstalls windows.
Super easy with windows 8.

Reactions: HDH
sax

sax

Jan 26, 2011
A lot of PC's have recovery partitions where you revert back to factory install. I love it. I back up important stuff to an external hard drive and every time it starts to bog down I just blow it up and move my stuff back.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
I would do as the others have suggested and nuke the computer with a fresh installation. Back up all the files you need before hand onto an external drive/stick and start again. If you are unable to access your files as you say the computer wont "open" then I would advise using a linux based live cd to access the files and recover them before nuking.

I am due for a fresh installation myself

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Super simple if you're not sure of the other suggestions. Just ''restore your computer to a earlier date'' . Just type this into your search bar in start menu

P

pumpingiron22

Mar 2, 2014
Go to system restore. It will give you a list of dates. Choose the date your computer was running best at. Also make sure to clean up space on your hard drive.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Those restores usually don't do squat if there is something on the PC causing the problems. It will just keep ending up with the same problems unless you manually get rid of the problems

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Those restores usually don't do squat if there is something on the PC causing the problems. It will just keep ending up with the same problems unless you manually get rid of the problems

Yep! ________

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

Sounds like he deleted some vital files\programs, a simple restore will fix that. Kets if it was slow you need to check what programs you have running auto

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic