Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Passports Please

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I'm not a guy that travels over seas so I never needed a passport. The wife and I do like our cruies but you can do that with a Birth Cert. and a drivers licence. Well the wife decided it's time to get a passport. Fuuk me! I really wanted to go to my grave without a passport or FaceBook account.

We are headed out on a cruise in about 10 weeks and the wife thinks we will have a passport by then. Fill my dumb-ass in, what's the puropse of a passport anyway? Does it make anything easier when traveling?

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
In most cases you MUST have a passport to cross borders.

10 weeks might not be long enough based on what I read but it depends on the area you are in.
I would apply and pay for the expedited service.

You will not be able to do cruises without a passport for that much longer.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You need a passport when flying international for sure. Airport immigration will check your photo, possibly ask you a question or two (where you going, how long you staying, was asked for proof of hotel reservation once),and stamp it.

Back in the Y2K scare (lol remember that) it was recommended that people get passports because its a secondary proof of identity.

I haven't driven across national borders from the United States so I don't know how that works. Within the EU we drove all over and there's noone stopping you on the national borders.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
In most cases you MUST have a passport to cross borders.

10 weeks might not be long enough based on what I read but it depends on the area you are in.
I would apply and pay for the expedited service.

You will not be able to do cruises without a passport for that much longer.
Yeah the time is coming for that door to shut. Figured I'd give in but not happy about it. We don't need it this time but like you said, it's coming.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
You need a passport when flying international for sure. Airport immigration will check your photo, possibly ask you a question or two (where you going, how long you staying, was asked for proof of hotel reservation once),and stamp it.

Back in the Y2K scare (lol remember that) it was recommended that people get passports because its a secondary proof of identity.

I haven't driven across national borders from the United States so I don't know how that works. Within the EU we drove all over and there's noone stopping you on the national borders.
Y2K! oh man, that brings back some good stories!

You do have a point on crossing lines. The wife and I did our honeymoon at Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. I think you need a passport for that now. Someday we will get back there.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
10 weeks? I think last I saw expedited papers were taking 8 weeks. Good luck man.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Get a passport and get Global Entry so you don't need to wait in a Customs line like a Savage. The FB account can wait till your tan fills in.
Never heard of this but I looked it up. Looks like an additional $100? Can that be added on later? We are going today to file for passports. I really hate this shit!

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Never heard of this but I looked it up. Looks like an additional $100? Can that be added on later? We are going today to file for passports. I really hate this shit!

yes, you can add it later.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic