Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Paleo Diet for Athletes (Searched but found nothing)

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Ok so I searched out threads and found nothing on this so here is the question. Have you read this book and if you have does it work for you? I have heard about this and it seems like you get a lot of protein still. Let me know your results.

Revised-Paleo-Diet-for-Athletes1.jpg

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I've done paleo before. I felt great while on it. I think it's a healthy way to go. Several of the female nurses I work with follow the diet quite strictly and they look about 10 years younger than their actual age. They are thin, and their skin looks great. I don't do paleo when bulking because I find it very hard to get enough calories in without my gallon of milk a day (or close to it) and my pound of cottage cheese a day. It's hard to get enough calories when you have to chew bulking quantities of meat for ALL your protein and hard to get enough carbs when you're only getting them from veges and fruit.

However I was recently told by one of my paleo diet co-workers that sweet potatoes are "paleo friendly." That's a game changer when it comes to getting enough carbs on that diet. And hell if your dedicated enough you can always blend steak or chicken and make a steak shake. I've found that if I blend it in a vita-mix or a blend tech so it's just pure soup (no chunks floating) its actually quite palatable. I just can't stand to chew my way through cold leftover chicken and beef in those quantities.

B

bikeracer2012

Nov 21, 2012
Yes, have the book. I like Paleo alot. Works well for me in a cutting phase. However when I was in heavy training I needed the extra carb boost that Paleo for Athletes provides.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
IMHO Paleo sucks. I have to have carbs and FYI the Paleo diet scored 24 out of 24 diets in 2012. Meaning is sucks ass

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
It's just another new and exciting fad diet, IMO. It will fade in a couple years. If it helps you any, all the cool cat crossfitters swear by Paleo, and all of the overweight chics at my gym.

Most people still fail to understands the very basics of a diet to begin with. You give them a bunch of debatable "facts" and they go with it.

Diesel

Diesel

Jun 11, 2011
Paleo diet blows. The diets based on what people ate in ancient times, when the average life span was in the 20's.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I ****in love meat!

I love me some carbs too though.

I'd have to follow a modified paleo diet. But the people I know on paleo diets look and feel great. I don't think a single one of them are paleo nazis. Meaning they all "cheat" to some degree, but stick mostly (maybe 80-85%) true paleo.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
But the people I know on paleo diets look and feel great.

No offense, but I would bet money they feel better because their diets were absolutely horrible before. :/

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
No offense, but I would bet money they feel better because their diets were absolutely horrible before. :/

You're not offending me bro. I'm not a paleo'er. I wouldn't say their diets were horrible. I'm not talking they ate fast food or microwave meals and shit all the time. They ate mostly home cooked food, but probably too heavy on the carbs. One things' for certain, being on the paleo diet makes them stick to a diet more stringently now though.

The other side is that usually people that start eating paleo get into some sort of fitness routine around the same time. Couple them both and of course people start looking and feeling better.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic