Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

pain pain pain!!!!

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
right dudes... just happened all of a sudden tbh when overhead pressing when pushing weight up its fine on the way down its like a sharp pain feels like its right at my rear delt only on my left side its sore! and its doing my tits in!! stopped me overhead pressing completely :( av been doing this exercise as a substitute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR38_ZKKUCs

any other tips would be appreciated

thanks

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Did it feel like a muscle spasm or internal? Either way, you might be better to take a week off, and then Start doing rotator exercises (light lateral raises, internal and external rotations etc) then come back gradually.

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
defo internal when doing laterals its fine only overhead pressing is a killer

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
same exact thing happened to me a couple years back. took about 3 months before I could press again. still feels tight to this day. I do a lot of band work before a shoulder workout these days.

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
so basically when av read here all use saying my shoulders are f****d ect ect its my time to admit defeat and now am in the shoulder issue gang :(

AM TO YOUNG FOR THIS!!! lol

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Or look at it this way. It's not a terrible injury. Certainly you can still train. Learn as much as you can about injury prevention now and use this as a lesson learned.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I bet its a shoulder bursitis. I get them all time. The only thing you can do is work around it as RR suggested. It will heal on its own with enough time if you don't keep agitating it.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I bet its a shoulder bursitis. I get them all time. The only thing you can do is work around it as RR suggested. It will heal on its own with enough time if you don't keep agitating it.

Yep, Bursitis, tendonitis is only a matter of time. You can manage it but it never 'heals' or goes away.Warm up properly and start back light with high reps. I have them both and with proper management I dont miss time anymore. like RR said... suck it up. Deep tissue massage also, hurts so good

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Lenny your up my ally bro.first thing before you start any rehab go and get a scan to see if there was any damage done to the shoulder.reason I say this I spend hundreds of dollars on physio and did not make a difference until I had a scan and guess what both shoulders I have torn my rotator cuff.i have had my right done exactly a year ago and have recovered but I will do my other later next year.heavy shoulder pressing behind the neck destroyed my shoulders.get a scan that takes all the guessing out.once you know what you jab then treat.just telling you from my experience and don't want to see you waste all this money on rehab physio when it's something more major.take care and keep us posted

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Yep i know i hurt my left shoulder last winter, and it hurt like mad when pushing up or down, it is mayb just fair wear and tear with me, but as stated mayb take a week off which i did, and when you start back warm the muscle up really well, and then go by feel by how much wth you can use.

As mentioned above also the press behind the neck can cause problems too, lucky i stopped doing this when fairly young because i started to feel to much stiffness when performing the exercise.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic