Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Oxytocin

S

silkamino

Jun 4, 2014
Given its ability to break-down social barriers, induce feelings of optimism, increase self-esteem, and build trust, oxytocin is increasingly being seen as something that can help people overcome their social inhibitions and fears. Studies are showing that it may be effective in treating debilitating shyness, or to help people with social anxieties and mood disorders.

Chronic enhancement of brain oxytocin levels causes enduring anti-aggressive and pro-social explorative behavioral effects in male rats.

AuthorsCalcagnoli F, et al. Show all Journal
Horm Behav. 2014 Mar 26. pii: S0018-506X(14)00049-X. doi: 10.1016/j.yhbeh.2014.03.008. [Epub ahead of print]

ABSTRACT

Oxytocin (OXT) has been implicated in the regulation of social behaviors, including intermale offensive aggression. Recently, we showed that acute enhancement of brain OXT levels markedly suppressed offensive aggression and increased social exploration in resident rats confronted with an intruder in their home territory. Moreover, a different responsivity to the exogenous OXTergic manipulation was observed among individuals based on their baseline aggression. In this study we aimed at evaluating the behavioral response to chronically enhancing or attenuating central OXT levels, and at scrutinizing whether the trait-aggression moderates the treatment-induced behavioral changes. To this end, resident male wild-type Groningen rats were continuously (via osmotic minipumps) intracerebroventricularly infused with synthetic OXT or a selective OXT receptor (OXTR) antagonist for 7days. Changes in behavior were assessed performing a resident-intruder test before and at the end of the treatment period, as well as after 7days of withdrawal. Chronic infusion of OXT was found to selectively suppress aggression and enhance social exploration. Chronic blockage of OXTRs instead increased introductory aggressive behavior (i.e. lateral threat), yet without affecting the total duration of the aggression. The magnitude of the anti-aggressive changes correlated positively with the level of baseline aggression. Interestingly, OXT-induced behavioral changes persisted 7days after cessation of the treatment. In conclusion, these findings provide further evidence that enhanced functional activity of the central OXTergic system decreases social offensive aggression while it increases social explorative behavior. The data also indicate that chronically enhancing brain OXT levels may cause enduring anti-aggressive and pro-social explorative behavioral effects.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Talking with my HRT Doc about taking for freakin ever to bust a nutt, she told me to give Oxytocin a try. I haven't yet , still researching it kinda scares me it's for inducing labor.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Interesting stuff. Would it show up on a drug test? Also, what are the sides associated with it? Anyone members have personal feedback to give?
Bump for more info, I'm intrigued.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sounds like if you were on this and experienced a home invasion you might pour the guy a drink rather than blast him

S

silkamino

Jun 4, 2014
OXYTOCIN CHARACTERISTICS:

- Reduced muscle tension
- Temporarily reduced appetite but increasing appetite with long term use
- Stimulates digestion on full stomach
- Increased urination (diuretic effect)
- Faster healing wounds and reduced inflammation
- Increase in growth hormone
- Stimulates mating
- More social contact between individuals
- Increased boldness and curiosity
- Sleep inducing effect (with high dosages)
- Diminished pain sensation
- Improved learning

S

silkamino

Jun 4, 2014
'Love Hormone' Oxytocin May Intensify Orgasms
04/04/14 11:10 AM ET
By Rachael Rettner, Senior Writer Published: 04/04/2014 05:00pm EST on LiveScience

A dose of the "love hormone" oxytocin may make people's orgasms more intense, a new study from Germany suggests.

In the study, 29 healthy couples who'd been together for at least a year took either an oxytocinnasal spray or a placebo spray before having sex in their home. After intercourse, participants completed a survey about their sexual experience as well as their feelings toward their partner.

Oxytocin had no effect on sex drive or arousal for either men or women, nor did it affect the ability to achieve an erection for men, or vaginal lubrication for women. [11 Interesting Effects of Oxytocin]

But those who took oxytocin before sex — especially men — reported slightly more intense orgasms, as well as greater levels of contentment after sex. In addition, men who took oxytocin said they felt more sexually sated after sex than those who took the placebo.

Some women who took oxytocin reported that they were better able to share their sexual desires and empathize with their partners during sex.

"This field study demonstrates that [oxytocin] may alter specific aspects of sexual experience and partner interactions in healthy couples," the researchers, from Hannover Medical School in Germany, wrote in the March issue of the journal Hormones and Behavior.

Previous studies have suggested that oxytocin plays a role in relationship bonding, and the hormone is known to be released from the brain's pituitary gland during orgasm. But few studies have examined whether higher levels of the hormone affect sexual behavior.

The researchers noted that even though oxytocin seemed to intensify people's orgasms, the effect was rather modest. For example, men who took the hormone rated their contentment after sex about half a point higher (on a six-point scale) than those who took the placebo. This may be because oxytocin is already released during sex, so the effect of additional oxytocin may not be very large, the researchers said.

The researchers also noted the study was small and involved adults who reported no sexual problems. Future studies are needed to confirm the findings and to see whether the hormone may help those with sexual dysfunction, such those as low sexual desire or erectile dysfunction, the researchers said.

S

SD1959

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
being looked at for the next generation of anti-depressants

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
This is honestly the first time I have actually heard/read positive things about this drug.

goof321

goof321

Nov 18, 2011
Bump for an OLD thread but......

Afstore sells it as a nasal spray. That combined with GABA and this NaturaCalm powdered fizzy drink (ionic magnesium)
I swear to you all my days of depending on a benzodiazepine for severve panic and anxiety relief are gone.

Don't know if each were related but not that I had ED problems. It was more of a staying "at attention" that was a problem. But few days on oxytocin (NOT oxycodone) and my issues were solved.
I loved the stuff, I havnt tried it from anywhere else but afstore, so if anyone has any suggestions or different brands to try please let me know.

956Vette

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2010
While I could appreciate the (brief) effects of injectable oxytocin, I did not enjoy the experience.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic