Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Over 3 Times Bodyweight Deadlift for 4 Reps

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
300kg is big for everyone. Even 400kg pullers have to get their mind right to run up on 300kg and pick it up. Good luck this weekend bud.

Thanks SAD! This will be equipped though,in my metal pro king deadlifter which is too big haha. Also using my new metal jack shirt, will be my 3rd time ever using it so I will probably bomb lol. And not squatting, since I dont have a suit :s

So not really taking it very seriously as you can see haha

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
If you're going to approach it as just another training day, I would skip it and just train.

I would approach it as if there were no pressure, being my first meet, but with the desire to put up the best number possible. This means I would squat completely raw, take my opener bench raw to make sure I get a number there, and then deadlift big.

But that's just me and I approach every day as a competition.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
so would I but for once it's closeby, and free, so I might aswel ha

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'm not saying to skip it, I'm just saying that you should give it your all and try to total your best FOR THIS MEET.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
I'm not saying to skip it, I'm just saying that you should give it your all and try to total your best FOR THIS MEET.

Oh I will mate. I might still do full power, only thing putting me off is the squat suit I have is too big to give me any carryover :/

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
comp tomorrow, going for the big 300kg deadlift !

wish me luck lads

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
it is a metal king pro, but way too big and doesnt give me much carryover at all.

Never understood this. If it does not give you "anything at all", why wear it? It sounds like you are making excuses. At the weight you are moving, just let the lift stand on it's own. No shame in that.

If you want to lift raw...do it. If you want to lift equipped....do it. Dont make excuses for using gear and then say it is not giving you any thing.

Good luck in your meet.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
Never understood this. If it does not give you "anything at all", why wear it? It sounds like you are making excuses. At the weight you are moving, just let the lift stand on it's own. No shame in that.

If you want to lift raw...do it. If you want to lift equipped....do it. Dont make excuses for using gear and then say it is not giving you any thing.

Good luck in your meet.

well I didnt mean it like that haha, that's an exaggeration, it just doesnt give me as much as most get from their suits I mean. My squat suit are and deadlift suits are both size 50. I weigh 86kg, so should be in a 46.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
quick question actually....how often do you guys deadlift, and do you go heavy every workout?

need to find a way to bring up my deadlift bigtime as in the past 3 months it has gotten weaker :/

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Holy shit! Nice lift! My max was 585 but I did it at around 250. 620 at 190 is crazy!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic