IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Just take cell tech bro. No worries

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I worked full time while taking a full course load of graduate classes in the evenings while doing my internship for my masters degree ( ~20 hours a week).

During that year I put in the work to finally total over 2400 as a SHW and a 308 and earn a pro total.

We're both the same species with the same limitations. You just need to get your head right and get back to your goals. All of them.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I worked full time while taking a full course load of graduate classes in the evenings while doing my internship for my masters degree ( ~20 hours a week).

During that year I put in the work to finally total over 2400 as a SHW and a 308 and earn a pro total.

We're both the same species with the same limitations. You just need to get your head right and get back to your goals. All of them.

Yeah its been a shitty few months. Tore the adductor in October and was off for 6 weeks... Just have not gotten back full time since then. Usually about 2 maybe 3 sessions per week. Its ****ed up cause when I'm there I go nuts and have a great session. Its just getting myself to get there.

Part of it has been the fact that this degree I'm working on is online so the schedule is not set in stone. Sometimes stuff is due Saturday by midnight with comments on classmate's papers due Sunday at midnight. Sometimes its tuesday or thursday. It gets tough to manage my time. Throw in a daughter and a relatively high maintenance woman and it can suck up a lot of free time...

I'm sick of this shit...

And why is it Myo is the only one who pulled it off with style? Raiden. Son I am disappoint.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
You have to do what's more important. School and work come first man.

The gym is always there for you.

That wasn't very motivating was it ?

POB, Get your ass to the gym or you WILL end up like ^^^TURBO!! Is that what you want..30 years old , living in the basement and making excuses for not going to the gym..or work...or dates..

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
All I can say is you can make the time if you want it bad enough. I've worked full time while going to school fulltime (school and job were on opposite sides of the city and it's a BIG city) and I still made time to train 4-5x week. It's about time management and making time.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Oh where to start, where to start....

POB you need to get your ****ing head back in the game, and reframe your situation. I know you are working your ass off to get through school, to be a dad, and to provide for your family. That being said, you need to make sure you are taking care of yourself by committing time to hit the gym and do POB related shit.

Lifting and being a badass is part of who you are. You are not a punk bitch that makes excuses to not go the gym. You are the kind of asshole that justifies driving through a blizzard in whiteout conditions so you can get your pathetic ass under a barbell before you turn into a little nancy boy.

Your girl expects you to be a ****ing monster, your kid needs a dad that will **** shit up on command.

Quite frankly I am disappointed in you right now. The POB I know and hate would be slapping the **** out of you right now for not getting your fat, pop tart eating ginger ass in the gym and pounding weights like a ****ing madman.

Stop being a ****ing pussy and help yourself to a big glass of man the **** up. I dont even want to talk to you until you have been back in the gym.

Dont text me either.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Ok you can text but Im not sending you anymore noods until you start lifting again.

All homo.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
POB I have an idea for you.

Just lift twice a week.

For example:

Monday: Squat and Dead lift and do accessories for those lifts

Thursday: Bench and OHP, and do accessories for those lifts.

BOOM, and you're finished for the week.

It may be hard, but don't quit school man. It could benefit you in the future. Just combine your gym days so you only go once or twice a week.

I hope by typing boom in all caps it made an impact.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
By no means should he stop school.... lifting is nothing more than a hobby. We may eat, sleep, and shit lifting but it's nothing more than a hobby. Schooling is your future and way to allow you to enjoy your hobby.

Training 2x week is definitely viable option while in school.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I've worked full time while going to school fulltime and I still made time to train 4-5x week. It's about time management and making time.

Me as well.

Did my 4 year undergrad degree while working a full time job plus a whole shit load of other crap going on (divorce, legal stuff, being essentially homeless) and still trained 5 days a week before class.

Also kept training while doing my MBA part time 3 nights a week in a different city while working full time, raising kids, marriage #2, etc.

In both cases I got up early and got training done while the rest of the world was still sleeping.

And I still do that. It's liberating.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Called out from work today and hit the gym for squats and dead :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic