Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

OK, this is a first.......dude I know going transgender....wtf???

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Local dude I met through my car forum a few years ago has been acting weird lately.

He's worked on my car many times, been to my house a few times, and I've been to his. Also seen him lots of times at local car meets.

Lately he's been keeping a low profile on the forums. I wanted him to look at my brakes back in the winter and he blew me off.

Afterwards I noticed his profile pic (not avi) looked like some chick with big sunglasses. I though it looked like him. My GF said it must be his girlfriend. I was like......maybe, but it looks like him.....

So there is a "face to name thread" on the forum where people post their pictures and he just posted a pic. Long hair, boobies sprouting, earrings, long hair, wearing a bra.

MIND = BLOWN

I mean....I know this shit happens......but it's different when you actually know the dude.

I just saw the pic.

I am freaking out a little bit...

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Haha lol. He gonna come get you flex. Jk

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Well if it makes him happy and he wants to be a chick then whatever. Not really effecting you unless he wants to take you on a date. :p

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
There was a guy on my local fire department that did this. I ran into it one day and it said hello and I had no idea who it was... Found out later. I'm ok with the gay thing, but wtf man, this screams mental illness.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I'm ok with the gay thing, but wtf man, this screams mental illness.

I basically said the same thing to Mrs Flex when I saw the pic. I dunno if I am "OK" with the gay thing, but it's a lot easier to understand than the transgender thing.

I can't get my head around it.

And now I know why he didn't want to look at my car a few months ago....

Just lost a damn good mechanic, for ****s sake.

Rumpy

Rumpy

Mar 17, 2013
If he does come over to look at your car, probably shouldn't ask him to "get in and hit the breaks" I know what you mean, it's a lot easier to be OK with stuff like that in the abstract, or if that's how someone was when you first met them. I'm sure watching the change take place is a little harder to deal with. Hey, maybe you can get a pic of him for a WYHI post.

Northwestern

Northwestern

Nov 21, 2012
No one knows why people go thru this. It has to be extremely painful to live in the body of one gender (usually for life) and feel like the other. These people have my sympathy, not my scorn. I save my scorn for lying sacks of shit, but I digress.

You don't have to hang out with the dude/chick (and gays don't need anyone's goddamn approval, btw). But at least be a decent human being to him/her/shim, if you cross paths. You have cars in common. Were you hoping for more out of the friendship or is having cars in common enough? Put yourself in his heels, and ask how you would want someone to react to you. S/he has a tough life ahead of him/her. Think about everything s/he is losing. A different name will always be on his birth certificate, diplomas, and high school yearbook. He may have to apply for another job. They always ask if you've ever used another name, what's he going to do then? He'll certainly have to get a new social security card and stand in front of someone to get his name changed. It all sounds heartbreaking and/or humiliating to me. Do you want to be one of the guys who makes it worse? I hope not.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
His name doesn't need to be changed. He has one of those names that can be either male or female

And he was the one that shunned me, not vice versa.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
I've never been through that, knowing someone before and after the op...

...there has to be that "moment", that akward moment after the op and you bump into him/her, that recognition, what do you say? Do you call him by his male name? I mean, that's how you got to know him? So you call him by his male name and wait to be corrected? Wow!

Northwestern

Northwestern

Nov 21, 2012
His name doesn't need to be changed. He has one of those names that can be either male or female

And he was the one that shunned me, not vice versa.

S/he was almost certainly afraid of what you would say or do to him/her. Look at your picture. Would you tell someone like you that you are having a sex change? I doubt it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
S/he was almost certainly afraid of what you would say or do to him/her. Look at your picture. Would you tell someone like you that you are having a sex change? I doubt it.

WTF is that supposed to mean? Everyone with muscles is an ignorant judgmental person incapable of thought and reflection?

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
No one knows why people go thru this. It has to be extremely painful to live in the body of one gender (usually for life) and feel like the other. These people have my sympathy, not my scorn. I save my scorn for lying sacks of shit, but I digress.

You don't have to hang out with the dude/chick (and gays don't need anyone's goddamn approval, btw). But at least be a decent human being to him/her/shim, if you cross paths. You have cars in common. Were you hoping for more out of the friendship or is having cars in common enough? Put yourself in his heels, and ask how you would want someone to react to you. S/he has a tough life ahead of him/her. Think about everything s/he is losing. A different name will always be on his birth certificate, diplomas, and high school yearbook. He may have to apply for another job. They always ask if you've ever used another name, what's he going to do then? He'll certainly have to get a new social security card and stand in front of someone to get his name changed. It all sounds heartbreaking and/or humiliating to me. Do you want to be one of the guys who makes it worse? I hope not.

What's with the rant? You make it sound like the OP was making fun of him or something? He didn't say anything negative and neither did anybody else in this thread.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic