JohnnnyB

Feb 8, 2013
Thanks in advance!
-JB

Last edited:
AndroSport

AndroSport

Jul 8, 2012
injection will be the best method by far.

once a month shots arent going to help anyone... you need to do it at least once a week. (some split their dose up to twice a week) Usually 100-200mg/week total depending on where you are and your levels. You will eventually get used to the injections.

I would seek a local TRT clinic where you can just pop in once a week for an injection of Test Cyp and that will help to get your levels up to normal.

The ones out here did accept my insurance so it only costed about $10 copay per visit but not all of them do so call around first... and since you are new to this thing it will be best to do it through a clinic where they can monitor all of your levels to keep you balanced etc. I administer myself because i pretty much know exactly how much I need to stay at optimum levels of each hormone.

Hope this helps.

J

JohnnnyB

Feb 8, 2013
Thanks everyone

Last edited:
hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
As far as first post questions go, this has to be amongst the best of them. Glad you found it here mate and hope you stick around, this place is a wealth of knowledge.

I understand first hand the pain injections can be sometimes but they are by far the best method. Best for your health, more stable levels, etc it's a whole topic in itself. There's plenty of info out there though so do a little research I'm sure you will come to the same opinion as most of us, if not always feel free to ask questions.

As for TRT I think your best option is once a week testosterone cyp shots, I think this is fairly common to be prescribed but there are plenty of guys here on TRT that can help.

The best advice I can give you about wanting to cycle, is double then triple check your diet and training before starting. It will pay dividends making sure these are up to scratch.

I'd write a ton more but on the phone.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Hoodlum and AndroS answered your questions.

only test shot that would work once a month is Test undecanoate and I highly doubt he had access to that yet.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ok, I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post. I read the rules and I'm gonna try to be sure I follow them, but I do have a couple of questions that may ride the edge a bit.

First, some background.

I have never tried AAS before, and when I was in my teens and early twenties, I lifted quite a bit, but never "seriously". Now I am in my mid-thirties. At a physical last year, my blood work came back perfect except that my Test levels were sub-300 so the Dr gave me the option to go on TRT. For a couple months, I did a once-a-month shot, but it hurt like hell, and felt like a golfball in my ass for a week and a half or so. Worse yet, it didn't seem to make much difference in how I felt. I switched over to androgel (the 1.62 version) and that made a huge difference. About the same time, I got back into lifting and decided to really commit this time and started to see real gains. It's been about 8 months since I started lifting seriously and about the same time I've been on androgel.

First question, if I take AAS of any type, should I continue also taking the gel, or would that screw it up?

Second, what is the current thinking as far as specific brands/dosages for a new comer who wants to build solid gains, hopefully lose some fat, and keep as much of those gains as possible after the cycle(s). Also, can this be done with an oral product, as I'd prefer not to have pins floating around the house, etc with my kids.

Last, I know I can't ask for sources here, but I understand there places where you can kind of verify the products being sold by particular distributors. When I started to look around, it seems there are a TON of places selling these products, but I'm certain probably MOST of them are fakes or very poor quality. Where can I look to verify the legitimacy of a particular source so I don't get ripped off or get stuck with crap product?

Thanks in advance!
-JB

About the part in bold. Its tough at first. I would suggest you avoid any sites that advertise that they offer "source checks." For example, do not even bother looking at eroids.com

You will hear a name here and there. Google it. Search the boards for the name. If you find a board that is 100% positive about a source its probably because they are paying the owner to delete negative feedback.

Be careful and spend as much time as you can searching for information before sending someone your money.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
As for the source stuff you can find a pharmacy that people tend to like (usually is talked about openly in most forums) most of them have their own website and while they won't give you a list of sources many have a source check feature so once you think you've found a source you can check with the pharmacy to see if the source is a legit reseller of their products, this doesn't guarantee you won't get ripped-off but it should narrow things down a bit.

As for the knots in your ass... legit pharm-grade stuff pinned in virgin muscle is always like that, eventually your body will get much better at absorbing the oil/hormones and it will be pain-free. Great first post brother!

(HP)

(HP)

Feb 24, 2013
-INJ if you are going to run a cycle, or INJ and orals.
-save the gel for after (back to baseline), its too much $ and wont do you any good while on cycle
-Since you are on TRT you should have relative ease of getting blood work done, take advantage of this
-Sources: stick around and read about cycles and eventually you'll catch on by the time you decide to cross
into the dark side or not

Let us know if you have anymore questions. Thank you for being here

stpete

stpete

Oct 30, 2012
Oral only cycles are a waste in my opinion. Injections are a must. And yeah, you can scrap the gel afterwards.

(HP)

(HP)

Feb 24, 2013
Oral only cycles are a waste in my opinion. Injections are a must. And yeah, you can scrap the gel afterwards.

If he was doing INJ test as replacement therapy an "oral only" cycle may not be as bad as we all think...

I would not do it with the topical test though

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I have never tried AAS before...
First question, if I take AAS of any type...
Welcome Johnny. Just to clear up a misconception that many TRT users have: You are already on AAS. The only difference is in the dosage.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic