Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Night time protein

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Soy isnt that bad if you don't consume more than a certain amount of it (not more then 30 or 50 gram a day)
Cant find that article about that anymore :-(
but when exceeding a certain dose it has a negative effect on ya and does increases in estrogen levels

I sometimes take Kwark you dont have it in the us its like yoghurt but with way more protein in it (casein)..

Fuck the estrogen issues, here's one of MANY articles you can find on the variety of reasons NOT to eat soy, in ANY amount.

Thankfully, more and more independent research has been done regarding the dangers of soy, and what it’s revealed should scare you.

Phytoestrogens

Soy is higher in phytoestrogens than just about any other food source. Phytoestrogens are plant-based estrogens that mimic estrogen in our bodies. In recent years, you may have read about studies which indicate phytoestrogens are good for you. But ask yourself, who funded those studies? The soy industry, that’s who. Independent research has clearly shown that consuming phytoestrogens is downright dangerous for the human body.

It’s only common sense. No one argues, for example, that a leading cause of breast cancer, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, infertility, and low libido is unopposed estrogen, or estrogen dominance. Why, then, would anyone argue that we should consume more of a food high in estrogen?

An infant taking the recommended amount of soy formula is consuming a hormone load equivalent of 4 birth control pills a day! Is it any wonder we’ve seen such a dramatic rise in precocious puberty with young girls starting their periods at 6 and 7?

Goitrogenic

Soy will destroy your thyroid. Many foods are goitrogenic (thyroid suppressing), but soy is king of them all. Goitrogens work by preventing your thyroid from getting the necessary amount of iodine. Friends, I believe this is what happened to Oprah’s thyroid. She pushed soy for years, featured it in everyone one of her “healthy” diets, and it destroyed her thyroid. If your thyroid fails, what happens? You gain weight. You have a harder time regulating your moods. You get colder more easily. You’re more easily fatigued. You demonstrate an inability to concentrate and remember details. The list goes on. You simply don’t want to mess with your thyroid.

Phytates

Phytates are enzyme-inhibitors that block mineral absorption in human digestive tract. They are naturally present in all grains, seeds, nuts, and legumes (which is why everyone should read this primer on how to eat grains, if you eat them at all.) But soy is so high in phytates that it’s almost impossible to get rid of them. Simply soaking soy overnight in an acidic medium won’t do the trick. Soy must be fermented in order to be digestible to humans. That means that if you eat soy at all, you should stick to fermented soy products like miso, tempeh, natto, or a naturally fermented soy sauce (tamari).

Trypsin inhibitors

Finally soy is rich in trypsin inhibitors. Trypsin is a digestive enzyme we need to properly digest protein. Without enough trypsin, you’ll experience many digestive problems including stomach cramps, diarrhea, and bleeding. You’ll also be leaving yourself open to future problems with your pancreas.

Spikykite

Spikykite

Feb 14, 2011
Fuck the estrogen issues, here's one of MANY articles you can find on the variety of reasons NOT to eat soy, in ANY amount.

And now i'me supposed too give positive feedback of soy and that it is rich in amino's and shit...
Dude don't get me wrong i'me not a fan of soy eather..
I just said if you use it dont exceed a certain amount.
look at your whey protein(small letters ingriediance) most likely there's some soy in it too..

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
Im not a soy fan. but Cassein is they way to go for night time protein. BSN IMHO is slowly slipping in quality.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
With further research tonight, I found quite a few conflicting studies and articles on whether or not soy raises estrogen levels.

I say forget the studies... Just look at dirty hippies. They love soy. They are skinny and foul smelling. I say drop the soy lol

As for me, I either have ON Casein or Cottage Cheese before bed.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Goldy, I have some night time protein for you, all you have to do is close your eyes and suck it out through the hose!

Usually too busy sleeping, but if I let the dog out I will have a little snack, not a shake.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Goldy, I have some night time protein for you, all you have to do is close your eyes and suck it out through the hose!

Usually too busy sleeping, but if I let the dog out I will have a little snack, not a shake.

The old man chowder!!! That'll put some meat on your bones!!! (or in your mouth lol)

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
For cutting, cottage cheese, throw 1/4 cup of almonds in there for flavor and your good to go.

For bulking, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of almonds, and a table spoon of natural peanut butter.

Casein is good, a bit expensive though. I try to cut out all liquids three hours before bedtime.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
For cutting, cottage cheese, throw 1/4 cup of almonds in there for flavor and your good to go.

For bulking, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of almonds, and a table spoon of natural peanut butter.

Casein is good, a bit expensive though. I try to cut out all liquids three hours before bedtime.

Out of curiousity, why do you cut your fluids before bed. I usually up mine a lil. Have to pee more, but feel better in the a.m.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic