Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Newcomer with a few questions..

JayFive

JayFive

Oct 27, 2010
8 sets of 8-10??

Not all at once, you can break it up into different exercises. Like 4 sets flat bench, 4 sets incline bench, 4 sets flies, etc. I don't think they mean for you to start out doing 12 sets of squats (tho honestly, if you survived, you'd feel pretty bad ass and rightly so). Just remember with any of this info, you need intensity on these. You should feel like you're having honest trouble on the last rep, and I don't mean "hmm, this is a little bit heavy" I mean "OMG I think I'm going to shit myself and vomit". Without intensity, you might as well throw the weights away and find another way to waste time.

Also, listen to what everyone else says please. I know sometimes (especially with younger guys) people ask questions not to learn but to reaffirm their own methods. These guys def know what their talking about so if you want to get big, I'd suggest taking notes.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I would just re-affirm the point made before about staying off prohormones for now... I've been working my ass off for almost 4 years and eating like an animal. A couple months ago I tried one of those month long prohormone type things and the amount of strength I gained from it in a weeks time would most certainly just result in injury to a noob.

His Angriness mentioned pro-complex gainer by ON that's great stuff - not too much crap. A couple other supps would be a good BCAA and some creatine. ON makes a decent creatine too. Its creapure so no weird chinese shit in it and its micronized so you'll actually absorb it.

The trick to getting your meals in without too much hassle is to PREPARE!!! I make all my meals for the next 4 days in one night. Package everything in tupperware and then I can just grab and go to work. Otherwise you wind up at McDonald's...

Good luck bro!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic