Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Remy14
What's New?

Newb: coach over worked biceps and so sore and tight I can’t barley straighten arm

• Thread starter BluueWater_Hunter
  • Start Date
beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
The day or two after every leg day still to this day.
I don't know how to get that kind of activation. I think it ties in with being able to actually push CNS with a true one-rep max kind of effort. Is it just years' more of intensity to unlock CNS first or a mental block of dealing with and pushing through that level of discomfort... or both? I don't know what I don't know because I've never been there. I do know the bar is constantly being raised (no pun), but it's damn slow. And at 51, I missed the best time of my life to do this. Fighting entropy and aging while trying to grow is a constant drain.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I don't know how to get that kind of activation. I think it ties in with being able to actually push CNS with a true one-rep max kind of effort. Is it just years' more of intensity to unlock CNS first or a mental block of dealing with and pushing through that level of discomfort... or both? I don't know what I don't know because I've never been there. I do know the bar is constantly being raised (no pun), but it's damn slow. And at 51, I missed the best time of my life to do this. Fighting entropy and aging while trying to grow is a constant drain.
Yeah, it is just pushing the intensity up every time you hit the gym. Honestly, I have anxiety about leg day. It will actually keep me up at night thinking about what crazy ass set I am going to do the next morning. I will always try and top my last session. Just this last hack squat session I took 6 plates per side double banded (170 lbs in bands on both sides) for 16 reps and actually blacked out/passed out when I finished. This is the old Star Track hack squat and there is only one other guy in the gym who gets up to 6 plates and he hits about 6-7 reps with his feet high on the platform. My heels are about 3 inches from the bottom and I hit the stopper with every rep. When I lifted it off I thought, HOLY SHIT THIS IS HEAVY, as it wanted to sling shot me into that platform so fast.

I don't mind failing on these big lifts either. I was doing that same set up a few weeks ago and went for a last rep thinking it was about 50/50 I was going to get it. Well with the increased band tension as you go up, I failed about mid rep and it shot me down real quick. I just had to figure out how to unload my legs without tearing a tendon when I was pinned at the bottom. Haha. I will take free squats to true failure as well. I bailed on rep 10 on barbell back squats with 535 lbs about 1/4 of the way up. I just let it slide off my back and hit the pins. That is what they are there for.

As I always say, if it doesn't scare you, it isn't heavy enough. I am only a couple years behind you and still pushing. You can as well.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Wall Mart sells a generic heat cream, Equate Ultra Strength Pain Relief, it has camphor, menthol, and Methyl Salicylate. I use it when I have a muscle cramp at nite and it relaxes the muscle and relieves the cramp. I will also use it if I've overtrained and have a really sore muscle like biceps.
Bi's are such a small muscle your probably gave it all the training it needed first time out if you did pulling moves prior like pull downs, rows, etc. No reason you should be as sore as you are. It keeps you out of the gym waiting for them to heal or you will risk inj. and a rolled up bi will keep you out forever. Really crappy way to start your weight training endeavor. This is why I like DOGG CRAPP training so much. It tells you when your overtraining / undertraining and what to do if you are.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Wall Mart sells a generic heat cream, Equate Ultra Strength Pain Relief, it has camphor, menthol, and Methyl Salicylate. I use it when I have a muscle cramp at nite and it relaxes the muscle and relieves the cramp. I will also use it if I've overtrained and have a really sore muscle like biceps.
Bi's are such a small muscle your probably gave it all the training it needed first time out if you did pulling moves prior like pull downs, rows, etc. No reason you should be as sore as you are. It keeps you out of the gym waiting for them to heal or you will risk inj. and a rolled up bi will keep you out forever. Really crappy way to start your weight training endeavor. This is why I like DOGG CRAPP training so much. It tells you when your overtraining / undertraining and what to do if you are.
DC would have also had you stretch the hell out of it under tension when you were done, which likely would have alleviated some of this.

B

BluueWater_Hunter

May 4, 2024
Thanks for all the replies just to report back arms recovered fine and I was just scared because I never had this kinds of soreness where I couldn’t even straighten them after.
All good now.

upper body and arms are weak. Hip flexors are also weak and the kicking takes a toll on them. These are the two areas I think I need strength the most right now.

In have a physical therapist for a non musculoskeletal health issue; but she’s well qualified in all types of physical therapy. She says I have zero glute strength also which is a problem I need to fix. You can tell my ass is absent it’s as flat as my back.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . . In have a physical therapist for a non musculoskeletal health issue; but she’s well qualified in all types of physical therapy. She says I have zero glute strength also which is a problem I need to fix. You can tell my ass is absent it’s as flat as my back.
During her exam, did she also observe that you seemed to be a "stand up guy"? ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic