Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Kimmy

Kimmy

Jan 2, 2015
Hello!! I am Kim aka Kimmy. I am 43 years old and have always been fascinated with body building since when I was in high school. I never had time to go to a gym and that's still the case, hard to do and work full time. I am hoping to learn a lot from this forum and meet others who know all about it and how to get started because I have no clue. I am in Arkansas and there are gyms here but it's just finding the time. This is a new year and new beginning for me and my health.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Hi Kimmy. I mostly train at home in my basement first thing in the morning before getting ready and going to work. Saves a lot of time. Good luck!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome aboard! You took the first step now keep going. There are alot of great members here to learn from and support you!

Want2lift

Want2lift

Jun 12, 2012
Welcome, I'm new here as well. I lift in my garage as of 6 months ago and would never go back to a gym. I love it. You can accomplish all your goals at home!!

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
welcome to the board Kim!
this is a great place to learn, and you have taken the first step in coming here.

The thing you will find among all that are serious and even those that aren't competitors is that we do not ever HAVE time, we make it. If you have goals that are more important to you than life as you have known it then you make time.

Most of here have full-time jobs, and a lot of us also have families, and full-time school, 2nd, and 3rd jobs, etc and we still make time.
It is a shift in your idea of your schedule to make it happen.

I work full-time +++ about 60 hours a week on a light week, am doing a full remodel on a FARM, plus the 115 year old house is torn down to the studs, Plus a family, including a 7 year old, and yet I still am in the gym generally 5-6 days a week, on a bad week I will be in at least 3 times, but I drag myself there, doing my best to do it all. I am by no means a body-builder, but I have close friends that are, and their schedules closely resemble mine. Not wanting to come across as harsh, but in order to not be another new years resolution statistic you have to be able to step out of the norm and do something the majority of people aren't willing to do.

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
Welcome to the iron den kimmy

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome to the Den. We all have to make time to work out, and most of us have very busy schedules. For us with busy schedules, it is a matter of making working out a priority. I have sometimes let it slip, but now in my later years, wish I hadn't because I am making such great progress now, I can only imagine what I could have done as a youngster like you!

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Welcome Kimmy, we are a great community here and people like you are so welcomed and hope you enjoy your stay!

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Welcome Kimmy. It seems like a lot but in the end, it's all just routine.

Getting the basics down is the first step.

H

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Just start Kimmy. Take a 10 minute walk or jog. Do a few sets of body weight squats. It doesn't have to be more that that. Just do it today. Then maybe next week you will add something or try something new. Just get into the habit of doing it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic