Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

new member, new to lifting but loving it.

foxycrafty

foxycrafty

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2014
Hi everyone. My name is LeeLee and im new here, but have been lurking/learning from this site for about a week now. Im a 44 yo female, once fit but fell into depression during my 30's thanks to overpartying and shitty relationships. Basically, I didn't know how to love myself. Being diagnosed with cercival cancer last year snapped me into a "this is real" state of mind and I've been reclaiming my life and spirit since. Today I am cancer free one year, sober almost two years and damn proud and grateful of both. I started going to my local ymca and started with a Body Pump class, but crave more. I am realling enjoying challenging myself and want to go more into lifting and just.... feel... strong.... I was an athletic person up until depression and used to run before an injury but something inside me lit up when I began lifting.

I am so stoked to find this community and hope to show you all my progress and look forward to learning from and talking with yall! And pls excuse my typos - im rocking a Kindle as my primary internet tool :)

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Hi everyone. My name is LeeLee and im new here, but have been lurking/learning from this site for about a week now. Im a 44 yo female, once fit but fell into depression during my 30's thanks to overpartying and shitty relationships. Basically, I didn't know how to love myself. Being diagnosed with cercival cancer last year snapped me into a "this is real" state of mind and I've been reclaiming my life and spirit since. Today I am cancer free one year, sober almost two years and damn proud and grateful of both. I started going to my local ymca and started with a Body Pump class, but crave more. I am realling enjoying challenging myself and want to go more into lifting and just.... feel... strong.... I was an athletic person up until depression and used to run before an injury but something inside me lit up when I began lifting.

I am so stoked to find this community and hope to show you all my progress and look forward to learning from and talking with yall! And pls excuse my typos - im rocking a Kindle as my primary internet tool :)

Welcome young lady... strength is our business

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome to the Den sistah! Good for you to reclaim your life. I am doing something similar (though I didn't face the challenge of cancer that you did) by going from fat and out of shape to a gym rat and having some lean muscles! This is a good place for learning about that.

gunrunner

gunrunner

Jul 24, 2013
Welcome to the Den. Your story is inspirational and I hope that you stay motivated with your fitness and health goals. This is a great place to get solid info.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Congratulations on making life changing decisions and for being cancer free. Stay strong and visit often.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic