Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

New here. 1st post

B

BLC5

Sep 5, 2015
I've been into bodybuilding for about 10 years. Its always been rough to stay athletic at the same time. Anxious to hear advice.

D

davidslaton2015

Aug 27, 2015
I've been into bodybuilding for about 10 years. Its always been rough to stay athletic at the same time. Anxious to hear advice.
Welcome aboard!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I make sure to have a good stretch session at 2days per week. Usually on non-training days or at least 3hrs pre/post workout to keep tendons/ligaments from being weakened around weightlifting sessions. Keep up your cardio too. I do 10mins pre-workout and 20mins right after year 'round. I'll up it for contest prep but follow the same basic protocol of 15mins Pre/45mins Post during the last 6wks or so.

Some degree of being "musclebound" is to be expected, for me the rear delt/trap/rhomboid area is forever gonna be tight but there's no reason why speed, explosiveness and flexibility cannot be maintained while adding "bodybuilding style" muscle.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Welcome to The Iron Den!!!

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I make sure to have a good stretch session at 2days per week. Usually on non-training days or at least 3hrs pre/post workout to keep tendons/ligaments from being weakened around weightlifting sessions. Keep up your cardio too. I do 10mins pre-workout and 20mins right after year 'round. I'll up it for contest prep but follow the same basic protocol of 15mins Pre/45mins Post during the last 6wks or so.

Some degree of being "musclebound" is to be expected, for me the rear delt/trap/rhomboid area is forever gonna be tight but there's no reason why speed, explosiveness and flexibility cannot be maintained while adding "bodybuilding style" muscle.
Interesting take on pre contest cardio.. I like that. Maybe I will do that in the coming months. I've gotten a little fat over this summer since I tied the knot, and although I've been keeping up on cardio for at least 20 min 4x a week on the stairs, I've added several bf% points

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Welcome to TID.

Listen to what Mike_RN says in his post. I wish I would have done that. Now I've got 25 years of training under my belt and about 30 minutes total of streching, and I've had to deal with some injuries because of it. Have started to be more deliberate with my stretching this past year, and have made very slow progress, but progress nevertheless, and I'm better for it.

Good luck on reaching your goals. People will be happy to help you here.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the den.

Like mike says stretching will help. So will smashing to diffuse your tissues. Try rolling a barbell from ankles up the calves and over the low back. Use it to smash into your quads. Bring out the lacrosse ball for the small tight areas like around the scaps.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic