SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

New guy

• Thread starter Donald Byma-Hill
  • Start Date
D

Donald Byma-Hill

Mar 3, 2018
Hey so 34 years old, 5 ft 11 in and 215 lbs roughly. I have that infamous gut that we all hate and looking to build lean muscle. I have a gym membership in which I have been using but to the best of me I have the hardest time finding a routine that I can stick to. I have tried over and over to build and yet I dont get the response I am looking for. I know that this is not made over night and that it takes time and dedication to build. So I am looking for help from this site for routines, diet and what else I may need. Any input is always appreciated and looked at and will be talked about. I will now search on here to learn and to absorb what I can.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Sounds good, Don. More specific help will come when more specific questions occur to you. What things do seem to have worked for you, which ones have seemed like a waste of time? Know that very few people stick to any routine forever, changing routines is often part of the plan, as long as there are reasons for the change that are not based just on impatience. All that reading you're planning will give you a feel for which forums to put which questions in.
Welcome.

Mr.Niceguy

Mr.Niceguy

Mar 1, 2018
Hey so 34 years old, 5 ft 11 in and 215 lbs roughly. I have that infamous gut that we all hate and looking to build lean muscle. I have a gym membership in which I have been using but to the best of me I have the hardest time finding a routine that I can stick to. I have tried over and over to build and yet I dont get the response I am looking for. I know that this is not made over night and that it takes time and dedication to build. So I am looking for help from this site for routines, diet and what else I may need. Any input is always appreciated and looked at and will be talked about. I will now search on here to learn and to absorb what I can.
What is your end goal? Bigger muscles I’ve gathered so far but are you trying to lose weight/fat also? I am close to your stats, I’m a bit older, same height, a bit lighter but I was 220 at my heaviest and have managed to change my body composition for the better but I’m still working on it. What a lot of ppl don’t realize or don’t want to realize is that if what they are eating isn’t working towards their goal, it doesn’t matter what they do in the gym, it will all be a wasted effort.

Iron-Game

Iron-Game

Mar 27, 2012
Welcome to TID. You need to acquaint yourself with the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym".
You are in the right place, britha.

D

Donald Byma-Hill

Mar 3, 2018
ive come to understand that to lose fat you cant build muscle at the same time? that is what i keep reading and understanding. Yes I want to build bigger shoulders, chest, back, arms legs all of it. I know it will be hard to get that six pack in doing that from my complete understaning though. I can build my legs pretty quickly and have a stocky frame (I will have to post pics of me some time). I am very open to different training techniques as long as there is guidance with it.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
ive come to understand that to lose fat you cant build muscle at the same time? that is what i keep reading and understanding. Yes I want to build bigger shoulders, chest, back, arms legs all of it. I know it will be hard to get that six pack in doing that from my complete understaning though. I can build my legs pretty quickly and have a stocky frame (I will have to post pics of me some time). I am very open to different training techniques as long as there is guidance with it.
It's a tricky balance that eludes many, including myself.

Welcome to TID

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic