Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

new girl in the den

ginger_rn

ginger_rn

TID Lady Member
Mar 21, 2012
Hello everyone! I was introduced to this forum by my husband. I am new to the gym and bodybuilding myself but I have watched my husband train for over seventeen years and finally at 40 I decided to drag my fat ass off the couch and do something! I think bodybuilders, male and female, are some of the most beautiful people I have ever seen and I can't wait until I look like the rest of you guys. I just started in Jan. of this year and my initial weight was 222; I am down to 209 as of Monday of this week. I have no other stats to share because even at 5"9 you can imagine what I still look like right now at 209. It's a slow process and results are minute at this point. I do have some tricep development and calf muscle but thats about it. So far the only "supplement" I am using is whey protein shakes and bars and a pre/post workout. My husband is not new to the world of steroids and as a registered nurse, neither am I. I know what it takes to get to where you want to be, we are just not sure what combination is right for a female; my husband only has experience with a male cycle. We have done some research and find that most females are less than open about this matter. If anyone has any comments or advice I am open to any and all. My first cycle will be one to cut the fat and my husband has a couple of ideas in mind such as Var and Clen but after this I guess it will be trial and error. My goal would be to look like Katka Kyptova(wouldn't everyones) and maybe Fabiola one day........ Well, I look forward to seeing your suggestions. I am excited to be a part of this forum.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Welcome to TID! & thank you for joining!

Be glad to help, lota smart folks here.

peace.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Welcome ginger!!! Good progress don't forget pics along the way i wish i had and maybe start a log so we can see what the day to day is like and help without 100 questions ;) look forward to following along and helping where i can regardless

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
"It's a slow process" they are the most true words ever spoken!
Welcome to the den

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
your at the right place for surport....deadweight

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Welcome to TID Ginger !!!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the Den :)

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Welcome Ginger. You are in the right place for knowledge and support as you take the reins and change your way in the world!

ginger_rn

ginger_rn

TID Lady Member
Mar 21, 2012
I want to thank all of you for such a warm welcome and I am so glad to know that there are people out there that are willing to help me on my journey. I am not really sure that after all of these years why I have decided to start training now, it was not my intention initially. I started back to school in Jan. of this year for my second nursing degree and that same week my husband added me to his gym membership. I went with the intent of dropping weight and getting thin again but after a couple of weeks my whole mindset changed. I realized that I didn't want to be skinny, I wanted to get BIG! My husband acted as though it was the happiest day of his life when he heard that; he is a great trainer and very supportive of my decision. I have made a lot of changes to my diet and I have cut out sweets completely. I try to eat very healthy and I have really increased my protein intake but sometimes I forget to eat so I still do not get a good day's supply; it's hard to remind yourself to eat when your not used to it. I am going to the gym 6x week and I do cardio (treadmill/climber) 30 min/day and weight train for an hour and half. My husband has me on a good routine and my week begins with biceps and ends with shoulders. I am going to pick up a digital camera this weekend so I will upload pics along the way. I have increased in strength and endurance but I can only train one area at a time, like right now I can only do biceps one day and triceps the next. Sometimes it's discouraging to be the only person in the gym lifting "girl weight" but I really bust my ass and I try to do the best I can. I look forward to the day I can trade my 20/30 lb. weights for some 50 and 60's! There have never been any female bodybuilders in our gym so I will be the first. Some of the guys look at me like I'm an alien but most have been very nice and respectful, probably because of my husband, they call him "The Monster". Anyway, thanks again for all of your support and insight and all of your advice is appreciated. This is a new area for my husband and we hope to find the right combinations for my cycles. My goal is to get to 160 lbs. cut and 180 lbs. bulking. I am a tall and pretty large framed girl so I really don't want to go below 160. If you guys know where to start after the var and clen please share your wisdom and ideas. I told my husband I want to start "low and slow" with as few sides as possible.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Welcome! I will toss some advice out right off the bat :) I would avoid the var (or any aas for that matter) until you are closer to your goal weight and you are well established in your gym routine and nutrition. If the nutrition isn't tight the aas won't really do what you want. If you are above about 20% or so it really will make you look and feel "thicker" which is generally not what people want when trying to cut body fat. I think you would probably be happier with just some clen or a OTC fat burner/thermogenic for the time being. Get that diet in order and make sure you do eat, preferably every 2.5 to 3 hours and get plenty of protein (about 1g per lb of bw OR 1.2-2.0 grams per lean lb of bodyweight).

So my advice in a nutshell...keep doing what you are doing, get the diet right and then think about aas later...it does take time so don't feel rushed to get to that point, it's not a sprint...it's a marathon :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic