Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

New female here & coming up on 40

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got that right HT, and either of you should feel free to contact me with confidence at any time!

Respects
Jim :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI,
To ensure other TID members know my assistance is provided on a pro-bono means to an ends (helping others) basis, and to negate any inference to the contrary, I have NEVER accepted forum based patients and NEVER will, because of what i believe is a POTENTIAL conflict of interest.

Respects
jim

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Hello every 1.???s
Any input on how someone could fix their diet in my situation? Seems to be the only thing I am struggling with.

I have just recently gotten back n 2 the gym. I am 38 yrs old. I have no prob with the descipline of training b/c i work out atleast 5x/wk.Quit smoking like 6 or 7 months ago & thats when i got back n2 fitness. Ya know... replaced it with positive stuff. Competitive in my high schooland college career so have working familiarity with fitness. I am an easy gainer as well. But then I shoot my slf in the foot with my diet. My sweet tooth gets me every time. Its worse I think b/c I take Suboxone which def increases my already sweet sweet tooth. lso I thinI have 3 children, the two youngest being 3 yr old twins which is also I think aother reason y I'm struggling losing that last pocket of fat around my lower abs.

Not sure this even makes any sense but thought I would try any way. Everything that I have found on the site has been fantastic. Thank u all 4 all that u do!!!! Any suggestions at all would b helpful

First, do not beat up on yourself! You quit smoking, you started working out again, and you have 3 young children. I take that you are also recovering from some type of addiction, hence the suboxone.

You are doing great, the last thing you need right now is to be on a restrictive diet. Train hard, eat clean, but also eat enough and if you want a treat, so what? Schedule a cheat every 3rd day, just train hard and get lots of high intensity cardio in.

I just hit the 17th year clean and sober mark. I train like an animal, eat stupid amounts of food (and a ton is not clean, believe me....ate half a gallon of ice cream this week:). GH helps, and IMO is a good option for women.

Train hard, stay away from recreational drugs and alcohol, and you will be OK. I never started eating cookies or pizza and ended up in jail the next day.

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
ain't that the truth!!
What is GH?
Almost five yrs clean/sober. Morph,Heroin, Meth. You name it.
I absolutely love training! Once it's in your blood it
s really in your blood! Thank you TID

H

Hypertrophy3

Jul 8, 2014
Nouser, isn't it truly amazing what we have gone through and we actually made it?as for myself I have been clean off of opiates, namely percoset, since 1995.since 2013 I have been dealing with pain issues and I didn't want to go through the pain killer merry go round, so I went with suboxone. I have been training since 1977 and have been a competitive bodybuilder until 2004. trust me, we all have been through some type of tribulation in our lives. It's just that nowadays we have found bodybuilding as a lifestyle! when you think about it, all the immediate gratification was worth absolutely nothing. Best of luck and I wish you all the success! Keep in touch. H3

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Nouser, isn't it truly amazing what we have gone through and we actually made it?as for myself I have been clean off of opiates, namely percoset, since 1995.since 2013 I have been dealing with pain issues and I didn't want to go through the pain killer merry go round, so I went with suboxone. I have been training since 1977 and have been a competitive bodybuilder until 2004. trust me, we all have been through some type of tribulation in our lives. It's just that nowadays we have found bodybuilding as a lifestyle! when you think about it, all the immediate gratification was worth absolutely nothing. Best of luck and I wish you all the success! Keep in touch. H3

Well said!

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
I love the wat the iron challenges me every day. The pumps feel so clean and so euphoric. Way better than the drugs ever did. And all the aspects of training and living this body building lifestyle helps me to grow each and every day and for that I am truly grateful!

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
What is GH? You think that would help with the sugar cravings? Or u think it is just a good thing for women?

Last edited:
Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
ain't that the truth!!
What is GH?
Almost five yrs clean/sober. Morph,Heroin, Meth. You name it.
I absolutely love training! Once it's in your blood it
s really in your blood! Thank you TID

I LOVE training too. Broke my pinky toe teaching Jui-jitsu last night, and trying to figure out a way to train around it, lol.

Remember, however, there is no substitution for a good program. I still hit lots of meetings. Its called alcoholism, not alcoholwasm. We drank and drugged because we did not have tools for living.

GH is Human Growth Hormone. I am deficient (you can find out by getting an IGF=1 test). I take 1.5 iu's a day and my IGF-1 is now at the top of the range.

I have lost a good chunk of fat using it (242 in profile pic, 230 now). However, for where you are right now, probably best to stay natural. Hormones can play havoc with your emotional well being. GH does not do that which is why it is a good option for women. However, you really need to do your homework.

The women that are on this forum are extremely knowledgeable. I have been to many rodeos, and I can not think of a better resource for you. They can help you learn.

Last edited:
chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
welcome to the board and great job on getting back in the gym. lots of great people here to help with your goals! good luck

Sunset

Sunset

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2014
Just wanted to say hello. I'm new to the boards too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic