Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

New crossfiter. Read before the hate

R

Raysmith121

May 31, 2015
New here. Followed a link to a post and needed to reply so I made an account. Now most people probably are not going to like this but I enjoy crossfit. I worked out in a traditional gym for about a year and a half and during that time I was huge on proper form. I have kept that with me into crossfit. Along with proper form and a good coach I believe I can reach my goal a lot faster and more effective doing crossfit then by my self doing split workouts. Thank you for your time.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Welcome to the den. Cf ain't all bad. Glad it's working for you.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I was at a party this weekend. Some random dude came up to DYS and was telling him about how he did crossfit and broke his back. I lol'd and said I wasn't surprised. It was all I could think of.

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
Everyone finds different things that work for them, and if crossfit works best for you that's cool. If there was one thing that worked there wouldn't be this much talking about it.
I think if done RIGHT it can be really effective. I'm glad you found what works for you, and I hope you stay healthy and aware of your body's needs through it.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
We have a lone CrossFitter here his name is Ctj he has a log
Welcome to the board

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Welcome to the board

That's right... although I think he's slowly seeing the light and converting to PLing. lol

Nothing wrong with Crossfit if the lifts are coached properly (especially the classical lifts) and the programming is done properly. The problem is that is not the case most of the time which is why so many wind up severely injured.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Welcome to the board

So now we've exceeded the quota and someone will be sacrificed.

oh yeah, welcome

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I've always been strength dominant in my training going back to high school weight training and school sports.
After high school, my cardio consisted of 10 min treadmill warm up and cool down and I focused
on a very clean diet. The clean diet got old after 4 years of bodybuilding so I took 3 years off.
When I came back I gave CF a try and realized that I could basically eat whatever and still be pretty
lean with the type of CF programming I was following. After a year of that and one state comp (3rd place)
under my belt, I'm back to my roots of strength sports. Did a 4 month cycle of Powerlifting/Strength (Modified Grey Skull) and now
into an 8 week cycle of Oly Lifting (Pendlay, MDUSA). To put it simply, I enjoy training and cranking plates. I'll still do a CF WOD
every now and then because they can be extremely challenging and also fun.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
-I focused on a very clean diet.
-The clean diet got old after 4 years of bodybuilding so I took 3 years off.

-When I came back I gave CF a try and realized that I could basically eat whatever and still be pretty
lean with the type of CF programming I was following. ..

Your post shows you have almost no knowledge of nutrition. Neither CF nor eating "clean" has anything to do with getting lean. In fact, crossfit type workouts are a great way to LOSE muscle in a dieting stage if that is your desire.

I think Oly lifts are great and very athletic as well as challenging. The bastardization of them in CF is so far beyond what anyone should even consider doing...well....it's stupid. Form above all else in olympic lifing. Performance above all else in CF. That is why you see so many injuries. Hell, you can kick, swing, and round all you want, as long as it gets you more reps in the end.

CF is NOT a path to proper body composition. Eating to proper nutritional requirements is. Period.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I was at a party this weekend. Some random dude came up to DYS and was telling him about how he did crossfit and broke his back. I lol'd and said I wasn't surprised. It was all I could think of.

Haha. That guy was smashed. You were over in line getting more pig for most of his shenanigans. If the party theme wasn't what it was, I probably would have punched him in the face for being an idiot. First he started peddling these hand sanitizer bottles with stupid, hardo slogans on the bottle while telling us how smashed he was. Stuff like "washes the cock off your hands." Ok cool.

Then he made a semi-inappropriate comment to Mrs DYS about being preggo. Now I'm not impressed. Then he started with the whole "You guys must be his lifting friends" schtick with me and Beasti. The guy was probably 140 soaking wet. Now I just wanted him to go away because I was getting angry at a happy party.

Then out came the "I do Crossfit" and, BOOM, I hate him. Then he said he hasn't trained in 8 weeks because he was climbing a rope and the rope broke and he fell 12 feet and broke his back. Since I already hated him, I couldn't really feel to bad. I told him pigs were paleo, so eat up.

Then you came over....

Crossfit is a contact sport.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic