Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

New and need help!

C

CowboySoldier

Aug 30, 2012
Ok, please be ready for a longgggggggggggggggg post. My name is Allen. I am 35, 5'8 and 230. I used to be a soldier and I used to be very in shpe. After my wife died three years ago I went from 185 to 260. I got back to 190 but I am back up to 230. I need help. I work out as much as I can (I have a full time job, I coach, cubscouts and I have 2 young kids). I need help with a routine. I have been doing weights (like doing as many chess presses as I can at 25 pounds, running around the track once, then moving up to 30 pounds, running again, etc and so forth) and using the eliptical. I Have a lot of flab and left over skin I guess. I never lifted weights during my previous weight loss so I am majorly untoned I guess. What supps (t busters that arent to expensive?) should I use to help me lose this gut, get ripped and cut. ANY help would mean so very much to me!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome to TID.

before you get any supps, what does your diet look like? I'm a little confused as to your training as well, cardio should help keep some pounds off (depending on diet) but you do chest presses then run a lap? Are you lifting/doing any movements besides chest presses? Do you belong to a gym or are you looking for an at home sort of training?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Forget supplements for now. Focus on your diet. Cutting out sugary crap and other junk food is priority.

You should be incorporating more weight training it sounds like. Devote 1 hour 3 times per week to intense weight training is my suggestion. That will help you keep weight off long term.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
These good brothers will help you....welcome.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Welcome you are going to get a lot of great info here. Listen to these guys first and do a lot of research the answers are on here. You have to start with your diet before anything else (IMO) and go from there. Everyone is so different that you need to find what works for you. Take in everything here I did I've learned a lot in a short amount of time. Good luck and keep us posted.

C

CowboySoldier

Aug 30, 2012
My diet overall is pretty good. I dotn eat white starchy stuff. I prob get to much sugar as I eat like yogurt. I eat a lot of protein. This is my twice a week workout (I work at the gym and 16 times around the track equals 1 mile).

Chest Press 25 pounds to failure
run as hard as I can around the track
Chest Press 30 pounds to failure
Chest Press 35 pounds to failure
Chest Press 40 pounds to failure
Chest Press 45 pounds to failure
Chest Press 50 pounds to failure

Then I start on hammer curls using the same patern. I lift for roughly 30-35 adn then get on the eliptical as logn as I can. On days I dont lift I do the eliptical until I hit 5-8 miles.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Desperate to get back into shape.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
Wind sprints are cool....you don't necessarily need weights. You could do bar work. I've seen some powerful physiques inside fed prison and they were built with pull ups, dips and burpees. Resistance training is the key.
If you at some point decide to or someone tries to talk you into paying a personal trainer.....pick one that most looks like the way you'd like to look. Know what I mean? When doing the different exercises....concentrate and really FEEL the muscle you are trying to work. FEEL the burn. Feel the blood filling it up after you break it down. That's what its all about brother. Getting in touch and learning how your body responds.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Good to meet you. Looks like your on the right track. Keep in mind this is going to take a little time. Burn the muscles and don't forget the H2O.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Honestly stick to your routine, and add in more weight training for other body groups and see how you are doing in 4 weeks to 6 weeks. Doesn't happen overnight.

What most of us do in here is hit the weights before Cardio, then hit cardio hard for 20 to 30 mins. Most articles I have read lately don't show any benefit of cardio longer than 30 mins.

My diet overall is pretty good. I dotn eat white starchy stuff. I prob get to much sugar as I eat like yogurt. I eat a lot of protein. This is my twice a week workout (I work at the gym and 16 times around the track equals 1 mile).

Chest Press 25 pounds to failure
Chest Press 30 pounds to failure
Chest Press 35 pounds to failure
Chest Press 40 pounds to failure
Chest Press 45 pounds to failure
Chest Press 50 pounds to failure

Then I start on hammer curls using the same patern. I lift for roughly 30-35 adn then get on the eliptical as logn as I can. On days I dont lift I do the eliptical until I hit 5-8 miles.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Desperate to get back into shape.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic