What's New?

Need to know a good sleep aid

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hey Everyone,

I need to know what you Lady's use to fall asleep when you can't sleep. Also is there anything to control the symptoms or make the Fun monthly friend not so bad??

My better half hasn't been able to sleep for a long time, maybe 2 hrs here, and there. She is now stressed out and depressed because of the lack of sleep, so I need some suggestions.

Take care

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
GABA was a godsend for me, if you can find the derivative GABAPentin its even better, non opiate or narcotic, and completely safe.

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
i agree GABA and maybe melatonin. i have to take both in quantity but normal people actually fall asleep on a regular dose of that mixture hehe

IronpumpedLady

IronpumpedLady

Sep 9, 2010
Is she having some hormonal imbalance issues? They will cause insomnia majorly!!!

Some natural ones are:
Chamomile tea before bed
melatonin
5-HPT
Valerian

She should watch caffeine in her diet especially in the evenings, avoid sweets the boost in sugar will cause energy bursts as well as uneven blood sugar balances, eat foods rich in magnesium (legumes and seeds, dark leafy green vegetables, wheat bran, almonds, cashews, blackstrap molasses, brewer's yeast, and whole grains), and maybe try some relaxation techniques.

If she wants something stronger but not a script, Unisom usually works really well.

Stay Strong~~!!!
IPL

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My wife takes melatonin, it helps her sleep but she still wakes up a miserable biatch, lol

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Melatonin works well and so does valerian root. Start off with 1 mg of melatonin and go from there. If Im really having a hard time sleeping 3mg will put me out!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
two words...ketotifen fumarate

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
I tried Unisom, Walsom, Benadryl, Melatonin, Sleep Link and many others. Most of them stop working after a while.
The doc put me on a sleep regulator now and I get between 6 and 7 hours sleep.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic