Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Need some help with bottle top filters

B

Butkus62

Apr 10, 2013
Hey guys I know I haven't been posting much on here but I've been struggling and need help from some vets that have brewed before .. I am brewing on a semi large scale .. and can't find the perfect bottle top filter.. I've used nalgene .22 and that took a day or longer to filter 300 to 500 ml .. but the gear came out very smoothe and obviously filtered very well lol.. so someone suggested I try .45 bottle top filters and I purchased some auto fill brand filters and they won't hold a vacuum seal plus seems like the oil would just run through the filter leading me to believe it wasn't thurough enough .. plus had some pip with the batch using .45 .. never and pip using .22 filters .. syringe filters would be ok accept I'm making a larger amount and that would take forever .. can any one please either give me some insight or lead me in the direction of where I might get some good info on the most effecient and sterile way to filter using a home set up .. I've googled the shot out of this and can't seem to come up with exactly what I am looking for .. thanks very much for any and all help ..

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
This is scary. You should have had this figured out prior to selling to the public....I also assume u have zero chemistry background, otherwise u could have answered your question yourself....People that brew keep their contacts for filters and other items to themselves, not certain your going to get what your looking for....

B

Butkus62

Apr 10, 2013
This is scary. You should have had this figured out prior to selling to the public....I also assume u have zero chemistry background, otherwise u could have answered your question yourself....People that brew keep their contacts for filters and other items to themselves, not certain your going to get what your looking for....
I never said a word about selling anything to the public or selling anything whatsoever ... was just asking for some help that's all .. sorry I scared you buddy

B

Butkus62

Apr 10, 2013
Also I never said a word about my contacts or where I purchased anything .. thanks for your help

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Trade secrets usually stay that way, Your kind of playing with peoples health, doing things they way you are.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Also I never said a word about my contacts or where I purchased anything .. thanks for your help

Read my post again, I never said u were giving away contact info, I said its unlikely someone will give u THEIR supplier contact info.....

SWOLDIER

SWOLDIER

Oct 19, 2016
Hey guys I know I haven't been posting much on here but I've been struggling and need help from some vets that have brewed before .. I am brewing on a semi large scale .. and can't find the perfect bottle top filter.. I've used nalgene .22 and that took a day or longer to filter 300 to 500 ml .. but the gear came out very smoothe and obviously filtered very well lol.. so someone suggested I try .45 bottle top filters and I purchased some auto fill brand filters and they won't hold a vacuum seal plus seems like the oil would just run through the filter leading me to believe it wasn't thurough enough .. plus had some pip with the batch using .45 .. never and pip using .22 filters .. syringe filters would be ok accept I'm making a larger amount and that would take forever .. can any one please either give me some insight or lead me in the direction of where I might get some good info on the most effecient and sterile way to filter using a home set up .. I've googled the shot out of this and can't seem to come up with exactly what I am looking for .. thanks very much for any and all help ..

Well i can tell you this. Both nalgene and auto fill are garbage.

And .45 isnt small enough micron sterilization for human injection.

A bit more researching is needed here i think

Also how do you create vaccum? Manually or electric pump.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic